Fieldfests Blog

Forum rules
Same rules apply here as on the Main Community forum, be polite, tolerant, and courteous. If you are not happy with a post,'report' it.

Users cannot start their own topics in this area, so if you want a blog topic started, contact using contacts form at the bottom of the page :)
Troppoz

Re: Fieldfests Blog

Post by Troppoz »

Great transformation FF! I love watching a blank canvass turn into a beautiful garden icon_thumright

Ill check out your blog and keep up with the progress.
dino

Post by dino »

Just checked out your blog, very impressive. That's going to help loads of people icon_thumright
fieldfest

Post by fieldfest »

made an action plan today, this is draft 1 of what i hope to achieve by the end of the year, time will tell...

click for bigger i think
garden-plan-2012.jpg
EDIT: All the plants on here I already have, they just need relocating and a bit more growing to fill it out

I also have additional bananas, alocasia, colocasia, etc to bung in as well as about 200 plug plants coming in the spring + the 200 bulbs ive just potted up- crocosmia, summer flowers etc
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Nice! I can see that in £d in my imagination and it should look superb.

I've been looking at the various Phormiums recently too, I think I need a few more in my garden.

Your plan should look great for immediate impact but, with the right protection, it will look incredible in years to come.

;)
Delboy

Post by Delboy »

I like your plan icon_thumleft that will look great in a few years.

I need to do something like that, forward planning makes a lot of sense.

I have a yellow wave here, plus a pink one from Homebase.
How big do these get? i would like a few more too but not if they get HUGE. Putting them all together like that will look good, the yellow wave is a very nice plant.

I have a Tenax too, it was about a foot tall when i planted it last year, its now 5' at its tallest point....love it.
fieldfest

Post by fieldfest »

i think a yellow wave tops out about 3-4 ft, i had a cream delight flower at 2ft so i guess thats the max for that one

My dads purple Tenax get to about 7ft tall but you can trim the sides off to stop it taking over the place
Delboy

Post by Delboy »

Yeah my tenax about 3ft from my Dicksonia antarctica and i was going to move it in case it smothered it but i will trim it if need be.

Mine is not very wide yet anyway, its going up....fast, but not spreading much.
fieldfest

Post by fieldfest »

got the last of the Photinia Red Robins in this weekend, now totalling 49 in the ground, 2 in pots as spares/ to grow as standards
Photinias
Photinias
Heres my super Dwarf Cavendish, I keep it at work but brought it home to re-pot as it was bursting out, this was £2.50 from lidl in the autumn
super dwarf cavendish
super dwarf cavendish
My mother in law bought me this Fatsia Japonica Variegata today while on a tour of garden centers, which I am more than pleased with- love it!
fatsia
fatsia
DSC_0956.JPG
DSC_0959.JPG
I found a garden design program and had a play with how i want the garden to look in the future, this is with plants i currently have- albeit smaller. give it 3 years...ok maybe a bit longer... :lol:
garden plan.jpg
draft.jpg
More Time Lapses coming tomorrow!!
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

looking forward to more time lapse!! Finally got mine sorted.
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Your diginal projection looks great FF, the Red Robins will look amazing.

;)
Mr List

Post by Mr List »

these is a particular disease that those red robins can have a problem with but i can't remember the details.

be sure to look it up.
Springy

Post by Springy »

Mr List wrote:these is a particular disease that those red robins can have a problem with but i can't remember the details.

be sure to look it up.
Bird flu???!!!

The garden is coming on a TWEET now, keep up the good work!! icon_thumleft
fieldfest

Post by fieldfest »

1 month on whats happened, heres what:
today.jpg
so not a lot :lol: it looks like a building site!
to be fair, a fair bit but you cant see it, ive been collecting large rocks, seen to the right and on the path ive partially edged the lawn with black bricks. today since this pic was taken ive dug up and potted the pink cordyline as the frost turned it grey (not pretty) and what was under the upside down cat litter tray/straw was a large clump of canna pretoria, it was only medium sized last year but was 2 foot round when i dug it up today and split it down with some canna australia (black canna) and now the border on the right with the musa basjoo is filled with cannas with about 1ft spacing- so that should look awesome come summer time. next job is to pick up some enormous rocks to rockerise the central circle, and to move the bamboo, move and plant out the T-rex in a sunken pot, move a fatsia from the back garden, strip the grass off the left border, edge the rest of the lawn, dig in soil improver..... aaaaarrrrrrrggggggghhhh! lucky i have a weeks holiday i need to use by the end of march icon_cheers
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

its looking ace icon_thumleft
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
Andy P

Post by Andy P »

Looking good icon_thumleft What garden design programme did you use? Could do with one of those myself.