Fieldfests Blog

Forum rules
Same rules apply here as on the Main Community forum, be polite, tolerant, and courteous. If you are not happy with a post,'report' it.

Users cannot start their own topics in this area, so if you want a blog topic started, contact using contacts form at the bottom of the page :)
fieldfest

Re: Fieldfests Blog

Post by fieldfest »

Leigh wrote:Looking good, but does that Nana on the left have a pair of wellies on :lol:
well spotted, thats my son

Trudytropics

Post by Trudytropics »

:lol: What, you got your son dressed as a nana to stand in your garden while you take pictures and you spy on your wife, just what kind of a man are you? :lol:
fieldfest

Post by fieldfest »

quite happy with the weekends work so far, planted one corner and dug a new border over, arranged my rock circle and took some photos!
1 (9).JPG
1 (8).JPG
1 (7).JPG
1 (6).JPG
1 (5).JPG
1 (4).JPG
1 (3).JPG
1 (2).JPG
1 (1).JPG
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

It's really coming together well, looking very impressive Fieldfest. Congratulations on making excellent progress.

icon_thumright
Mr List

Post by Mr List »

nice
JungleNuts

Post by JungleNuts »

Looking good .... like hard landscaping design .... really nice icon_thumleft

One quick question, the Boo you have in the top right in the last picture ... have you planted with a root barrier ?
fieldfest

Post by fieldfest »

No root barrier yet, its on a mound and i want it to spread a fair bit more. I'm ok digging up the extras a couple of times a year as I can then use those elsewhere
Arlon Tishmarsh

Post by Arlon Tishmarsh »

Looks A1 icon_thumleft

What will you use for barrier ? Gotta plant my boo's soon . Was thinking plastic bottomless dustbins but have just found a roll of 600mm x 30m roll of high load damp proof course in the garage, so think i'll use that
fieldfest

Post by fieldfest »

dont know if i will, might do a trench
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Arlon Tishmarsh wrote:Looks A1 icon_thumleft

What will you use for barrier ? Gotta plant my boo's soon . Was thinking plastic bottomless dustbins but have just found a roll of 600mm x 30m roll of high load damp proof course in the garage, so think i'll use that
How thick is that stuff Arlon? Sounds ideal to me as long as it's more than a couple of mm thick and I'd imagine it's fairly cheap?
JungleNuts

Post by JungleNuts »

Ahh kk .... looks like a standard Phyllostacus Aurea .... which case (in my experience) they arent too aggresive, and if you have the 'mound' and dont mind digging out the wandering shoots .... its only when they are in amongst the other plants, 3 or 4 years later its a flippin nightmare to pull up the runners :ahhh!:

It was just a thought, as if we'd have known then what we know now, wouldve used barrier .... but much as you are going to do, we now keep the family and friends stocked up with boo plants from our excavation and tidying up :)

Boo control = no need for gym membership !
Arlon Tishmarsh

Post by Arlon Tishmarsh »

GoggleboxUK wrote:
Arlon Tishmarsh wrote:Looks A1 icon_thumleft

How thick is that stuff Arlon? Sounds ideal to me as long as it's more than a couple of mm thick and I'd imagine it's fairly cheap?
Strong enough to take the weight of tons of brick / blockwork on top of it without puncturing, so i would say strong enough to deal with rhyzome's. At about £20 a roll a lot cheaper than barrier i would guess icon_thumleft
Simba

Post by Simba »

Coming along in leaps and bounds..... icon_thumleft
Trudytropics

Post by Trudytropics »

You are making great progress Fieldfest, what a difference, bet your neighbours are jealous :lol: In a few years when everything has matured it will be stunning icon_thumleft
fieldfest

Post by fieldfest »

just picked up the last of the big rocks, guessing 150kg each. needed a 5 ft ramp and a 4 to 1 block and tackle to get them in the car