My garden history!

Forum rules
Same rules apply here as on the Main Community forum, be polite, tolerant, and courteous. If you are not happy with a post,'report' it.

Users cannot start their own topics in this area, so if you want a blog topic started, contact using contacts form at the bottom of the page :)
miketropic

Re: My garden history!

Post by miketropic »

looks very good ill see if there avaliable over here
Springy

Post by Springy »

Looked out of the window this morning at the garden and I am well happy with the way it's progressing each year.
It seems to look even greener during the drizzle that we have at the moment.
I know the Butia catarinensis looks yellow but that seems to happen to all the palms I plant. Eventually they green up again. Must be something to do with the soil here or the manure I use when planting?!

Hopefully the tetrapanax with fully open its flowers this year if it stays mild! icon_cheers
The variegated brugmansia has just opened its flowers for the first time this year!!
Bit bloomin late now!!! :roll:
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Springy

Post by Springy »

A few more...
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
miketropic

Post by miketropic »

does the rex completely defoliate for you in winter or still hold some of its leaves? very impressive
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Everything is looking great apart from your feather palm which looks very yellow?

Out of interest how wide is your garden? I'm guessing about 8 metres?
Springy

Post by Springy »

miketropic wrote:does the rex completely defoliate for you in winter or still hold some of its leaves? very impressive
Yes all the leaves usually drop off just leaving the trunk and the flower head!
Yorkshire Kris wrote:Everything is looking great apart from your feather palm which looks very yellow?

Correct! 24ft :wink:
miketropic

Post by miketropic »

Springy wrote:
miketropic wrote:does the rex completely defoliate for you in winter or still hold some of its leaves? very impressive
Yes all the leaves usually drop off just leaving the trunk and the flower head!
Yorkshire Kris wrote:Everything is looking great apart from your feather palm which looks very yellow?

Correct! 24ft :wink:

whats the length on it?..trying to get an idea with my new one..how much you can pack in a space and have it still look nice and maintained like yours. I have alot of room to work with but don't want to stretch it out more than I need to
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

Your garden looks fantastic .
Springy

Post by Springy »

fern Rob wrote:Your garden looks fantastic .
Thankyou Rob! icon_salut
I do want to add a few pictures looking up towards the house as well sometime as this thread is a way that I can follow the garden through the years!

Mike I can't say that I have actually measured it but when I replaced the fence on the left I seem to remember that it was about 74ft long! icon_scratch
Believe me, you can cram loads in a space that size. There are lots of plants that get overgrown and hidden away in the pics and videos, especially young plants that one day will have their heads in the sky!
Springy

Post by Springy »

Well I've just come back from the "Abingdon on Thames in bloom" presentation evening and came back with this!!!!
"Overall winner for best garden 2013"

One up for the tropical plant growers again!! icon_cheers

I entered the best front & back garden category, which was won by someone else.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Congratulations!
ash101uk

Post by ash101uk »

Well done!