My garden history!

Forum rules
Same rules apply here as on the Main Community forum, be polite, tolerant, and courteous. If you are not happy with a post,'report' it.

Users cannot start their own topics in this area, so if you want a blog topic started, contact using contacts form at the bottom of the page :)
Panama Pete

Re: My garden history!

Post by Panama Pete »

Alright Steve, love the futuristic shed, is this the overwintering place. Was it hand made?
Springy

Post by Springy »

Panama Pete wrote:Alright Steve, love the futuristic shed, is this the overwintering place. Was it hand made?
Hi Pete! The shed is for overwintering but more importantly a place for growing seeds etc in spring! Shed was made at work. Handmade?! Yes but not by me! I just put it up!
Panama Pete

Post by Panama Pete »

looks brilliant and at an angle to collect the rays. A few ideas there. Garden looks mint !
Simba

Post by Simba »

WHAT A PHENOMENAL TRANSFORMATION.... icon_thumleft
Springy

Post by Springy »

Panama Pete wrote:looks brilliant and at an angle to collect the rays. A few ideas there. Garden looks mint !
I have been "polishing" the garden for the Abingdon in bloom competition and for my most important "critics" my family!
Despite the lack of plants that failed to grow from seed, I am really happy with the garden this year. I think Nigel's trachies have really helped to mature the garden that much quicker.

Shed is west facing and gets really warm during the day and plenty of light too! icon_thumleft
Springy

Post by Springy »

Simba wrote:WHAT A PHENOMENAL TRANSFORMATION.... icon_thumleft
Thankyou Simba! There is a fair few plants that can't be seen that hopefully in years to come will become more prominent. Scheffies, fatsia polycarpa etc
grub

Post by grub »

Looks great Springy icon_thumright
Springy

Post by Springy »

Hopefully the first of two videos to show this years transformation of the garden icon_sunny

Last edited by Springy on Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Springy

Post by Springy »

Hopefully the second video showing the garden this morning icon_sunny

( oh and the bloomin cat again! ) :roll: :lol:

Last edited by Springy on Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Great videos, really enjoyed watching both of them and seeing the stark contrast between spring and summer. I don't think I spotted a greenhouse or conservatory so where did all the seedlings and tender plants start off in spring?
Delboy

Post by Delboy »

Great vids Springy! I don't think I've seen a garden with so many plants before.
At the very start you have what looks like a small tree (with a jungle sign under it), can I ask what it is, and is it hardy?
Looks like a acacia?
I really want to loose more of my grass now :lol:
Mick C

Post by Mick C »

Great garden, and looks better each time you show it.
Springy

Post by Springy »

Yorkshire Kris wrote:Great videos, really enjoyed watching both of them and seeing the stark contrast between spring and summer. I don't think I spotted a greenhouse or conservatory so where did all the seedlings and tender plants start off in spring?
Cheers Kris! My seeds are started off in our "sunroom" by the patio. I hopefully will be able to utilise the potting shed next spring icon_thumleft
Springy

Post by Springy »

Thanks Mick, I always have a rough idea of what I'm trying to achieve for the year in spring. It never ceases to amaze me just how big things get!

Delboy the tree is albizia julibrissin. Hardy here for the last three winters. Grows about a metre a year. I think it does need the shelter and extra protection from a house wall though. icon_salut
kata

Post by kata »

Its a beautiful garden springy,

Whats that Dahlia called?

icon_cheers icon_cheers