Pdid`s garden blog (Bin sump in action)

Forum rules
Same rules apply here as on the Main Community forum, be polite, tolerant, and courteous. If you are not happy with a post,'report' it.

Users cannot start their own topics in this area, so if you want a blog topic started, contact using contacts form at the bottom of the page :)
pdid

Re: Pdid`s garden blog (June 6 2013)

Post by pdid »

Cheers, I've moved loads over the last few weeks, I'm just hoping it doesn't set the plants back too much.
pdid

Re: Pdid`s garden blog (New Camera)

Post by pdid »

Just over a year ago I bought a Panasonic Micro 4/3 camera with the intention of taking up photography as a hobby. Unfortunately this never materialized and the size of the camera led to it being a hindrance and not being taken anywhere.

We decide to get rid and luckily sold it to a friend within 12 hours and replaced with a Panasonic TZ40 which is a nice little compact with a decent zoom which fit easily into a pocket. Anyway here's a few snaps.
P1000869(1).JPG
P1000887(1).JPG
P1000891(1).JPG
P1000893(1).JPG
P1000896(1).JPG
P1000899(1).JPG
And zoom, not quite as impressive as Dave's HX50 but good none the less, pics were taken free hand (the panny has excellent image stabilization soft/hardware)
P1000906(1).JPG
Full Zoom
Full Zoom
I's also got some nifty Wifi and NFC features including being able to use my phone as a remote control.

All in all I'm very happy and it will get used a lot more than the old G3.
pdid

Re: Pdid`s garden blog (8/7/13)

Post by pdid »

July update, everything seems to be moving along nicely now. Indivisa putting out leaves, Schefflera taiwaniana x gracilis flowering, good new growth on the polycarpa and bamboo's rocketing away.
Attachments
P1000927(1).JPG
P1000921(3).JPG
P1000922(1).JPG
P1000923(1).JPG
P1000924(1).JPG
P1000925(1).JPG
P1000932(1).JPG
pdid

Post by pdid »

And a few more.
Attachments
Ikea cycad flush
Ikea cycad flush
Scheffie flower
Scheffie flower
Indivisa
Indivisa
Polycarpa
Polycarpa
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Very nice pics Phil, yopur Scheffy seems to be doing nicely and the whole garden looks lush and green.

Is that a Moseri in the last pic?
pdid

Post by pdid »

GoggleboxUK wrote:Very nice pics Phil, yopur Scheffy seems to be doing nicely and the whole garden looks lush and green.

Cheers, no it's a Blackpool Bus Station :lol: :lol: :lol:

In a seriousness it's a polycarpa icon_thumright
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

Is picture three a C Copperii or Brownii,
pdid

Post by pdid »

Not sure on pic 3. if its the one on the corner it was sold as brownii. That's my biggest cyathea.
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

pdid wrote:
GoggleboxUK wrote:Very nice pics Phil, yopur Scheffy seems to be doing nicely and the whole garden looks lush and green.

Cheers, no it's a Blackpool Bus Station :lol: :lol: :lol:

In a seriousness it's a polycarpa icon_thumright
:lol: :lol: :lol: Quality!

I reckon mine in the Temple window must be a Polycarpa then, it looks really similar to yours.
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

The indivisa is looking good.......I bought one left it potted (wrong choice)....I thought it was brown bread.....Planted in the barked play area and forgeot about it really as all the leave went brown and dried out.....anyway 2 weeks later its coming back alilve with an nice new green stem pushing out....so fingers crossed.
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
pdid

Post by pdid »

The Codfather wrote:The indivisa is looking good.......I bought one left it potted (wrong choice)....I thought it was brown bread.....Planted in the barked play area and forgeot about it really as all the leave went brown and dried out.....anyway 2 weeks later its coming back alilve with an nice new green stem pushing out....so fingers crossed.
Was yours from treseeders coddy? I know a few of us bought from them via eBay a few years ago. I thought mine was dead after its 1st Winter (potted in conservatory) but it pulled through and is looking ok now it's planted out.
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

Looking very good!
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

pdid wrote:
The Codfather wrote:The indivisa is looking good.......I bought one left it potted (wrong choice)....I thought it was brown bread.....Planted in the barked play area and forgeot about it really as all the leave went brown and dried out.....anyway 2 weeks later its coming back alilve with an nice new green stem pushing out....so fingers crossed.
Was yours from treseeders coddy? I know a few of us bought from them via eBay a few years ago. I thought mine was dead after its 1st Winter (potted in conservatory) but it pulled through and is looking ok now it's planted out.
Yeh, done not bad in greenhouse overwinter then went on a massive decline.......I think because the pot was to small.....I read they have a 85% better chance of survival if planted......by that time tough I thought it was a gonna and was about to get another and plant it straight out.....I don't even know what made me plant this as there no sight of green hardly left on it.....anyway the is a new central leaf pushing out of it now... :D
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

That polycarpa is sex on a stem! love it

Either that or a sheffie rhodydendrumflorummmmm what should I get? :lol: icon_scratch
pdid

Post by pdid »

cordyman wrote:That polycarpa is sex on a stem! love it

Either that or a sheffie rhodydendrumflorummmmm what should I get? :lol: icon_scratch
Haha, cheers Cordy. If I think on I'll get up a couple of better pics of each tomorrow afternoon.

If I were you I'd get both icon_thumright