Fern Robs Blog

Forum rules
Same rules apply here as on the Main Community forum, be polite, tolerant, and courteous. If you are not happy with a post,'report' it.

Users cannot start their own topics in this area, so if you want a blog topic started, contact using contacts form at the bottom of the page :)
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Re: Fern Robs Blog

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

It would look better if you planted it the right way round :lol:
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

I thought it would grow better if it was sideways to make it feel more at home :lol:
tropicalwon

Post by tropicalwon »

fern Rob wrote:I thought it would grow better if it was sideways to make it feel more at home :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Love it..................
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

My order for my new tree ferns have changed I have now got a 4ft C Cunninghamii on order :D .
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Mine arrived today!

icon_cheers
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

GoggleboxUK wrote:Mine arrived today!

icon_cheers
Will you be posting some pics of them.
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

I will indeed Rob ;)

My son took delivery this afternoon while I was out so I rushed to get them unwrapped and have stood them in large pots in a tray in the greenhouse and gave them a thorough soaking.

Tomorrow I will empty out the excess water and take a couple of snaps. My 3ft looks to be about 40" and my 4ft looks about right at 48" but I will measure them properly tomorrow.
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

As soon as a tree fern arrives with any of us plant inthusiasts we all can not wait to see them, always rush to see what as been delivered.
I'm awaiting some pics of the 120cm trunk C Cunninghamii that has came over from Aus plus some other Cyatheas like Australis, Medullaris which have been all spore grown exsept the Australis as they are a whild harvest and brought over. I can not wait to take delivery of them :lol: .
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

As soon as a tree fern arrives with any of us plant inthusiasts we all can not wait to see them, always rush to see what as been delivered.
I'm awaiting some pics of the 120cm trunk C Cunninghamii that has came over from Aus plus some other Cyatheas like Australis, Medullaris which have been all spore grown exsept the Australis as they are a whild harvest and brought over. I can not wait to take delivery of them :lol: .
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

I was impressed with the cloth they wrapped them in, sort of a black fleece. I've saved it as part of my protection stock lol
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

GoggleboxUK wrote:I was impressed with the cloth they wrapped them in, sort of a black fleece. I've saved it as part of my protection stock lol
I wish I and my Dicksonia antarctica delivered now as I always need more Dicksonia antarctica protection :lol:
karl66

Post by karl66 »

When i picked mine up from seagraves on sunday, they also wrapped them in the heavy duty fleece material!!, it must cost them a small fortune. karl.
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

karl66 wrote:When i picked mine up from seagraves on sunday, they also wrapped them in the heavy duty fleece material!!, it must cost them a small fortune. karl.
I wish I'd let them wrap my Dicksonia antarctica now. I took some cling film not thinking they would wrap them. :( :lol:
dorothy

Post by dorothy »

I have saved my fleece as well. You can never have too much fleece lol :D
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

I've never seen it for sale anywhere but I'd much rather use black fleece on my palms than white, it would blend in much better with the winter garden and not distract the eye anywhere near as much.