Fern Robs Blog

Forum rules
Same rules apply here as on the Main Community forum, be polite, tolerant, and courteous. If you are not happy with a post,'report' it.

Users cannot start their own topics in this area, so if you want a blog topic started, contact using contacts form at the bottom of the page :)
ConcreteJungle

Re: Fern Robs Blog

Post by ConcreteJungle »

On a more serious note -the lack of grass is probably more down to it being shaded a lot throughout the day. My garden gets full sun throughout the day, but my next door gets a lot of shade due to fence heights and trees, and his grass suffers more.
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

Tom2006 wrote:
Delboy wrote:Some of the fake lawns look ok if laid right. It's got to be worth a try.
Been pricing a section of mine up (where the kids trampoline kills the grass) and the latest quote for 16 square metres fitted £1000!!! :? :?
Only got to do 10 square metres.
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

ConcreteJungle wrote:On a more serious note -the lack of grass is probably more down to it being shaded a lot throughout the day. My garden gets full sun throughout the day, but my next door gets a lot of shade due to fence heights and trees, and his grass suffers more.
Its not that shaded, if i pick up the soil it is like a sponge.
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

Two new tree ferns purchased today. One C Brownii and one C Medullaris. Can not wait for them to arrive on Thursday.
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

Where did you get the Medularis from please rob? After another.
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
Arlon Tishmarsh

Post by Arlon Tishmarsh »

Tom2006 wrote:Where did you get the Medularis from please rob? After another.
I bought one a few months ago from MyPalmShop along with a Cyathea dealbata. Good plants / good price. Seem to remember Rob buying from there as well . If you have room to overwinter, go for a dealbata as well . The silvery undersides to the fronds are stunning
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

Arlon Tishmarsh wrote:
I bought one a few months ago from MyPalmShop along with a Cyathea dealbata. Good plants / good price. Seem to remember Rob buying from there as well . If you have room to overwinter, go for a dealbata as well . The silvery undersides to the fronds are stunning
Look to have sold out of Dealbata.
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

Pictures tomorrow when they arrive.