Karl66 Blog - latest pic's taken this afternoon.

Forum rules
Same rules apply here as on the Main Community forum, be polite, tolerant, and courteous. If you are not happy with a post,'report' it.

Users cannot start their own topics in this area, so if you want a blog topic started, contact using contacts form at the bottom of the page :)
Arlon Tishmarsh

Re: Karl66/ latest pic's taken this afternoon.

Post by Arlon Tishmarsh »

Her ya go again Karl :lol:

Embedded version....

Arlon Tishmarsh

and the other.................

icon_thumleft
karl66

Post by karl66 »

Arlon your a star!, how do you get the embedded version if you don't mind?. karl.
Arlon Tishmarsh

As i posted earlier.... icon_thumleft
Arlon Tishmarsh wrote:Easy enuff Karl. Go to your Utube vid and next to the vid thumbnail click edit . That'll take you to a new page and there to the right ( i think ) it says "Video url". Copy the url . Come back to HT and when making your post , click on the "media " button and insert /paste the video url between the media brackets. What you have to do tho, is delete everything before the forward slash in the url.

eg my main garden video url is ..... http://youtu.be/sfBE2fsayuQ

but you only need the numbers and letters after the slash...... sfBE2fsayuQ

Thats it. I've probably confused you even more now ............. :lol:

So in effect, your one videolink / url is http://youtu.be/SEKFjXq7SK4 . Delete everything before the forward slash to leave the letters SEKFjXq7SK4 . Thats what needs to be left inserted between the "media" brackets when you make your post
Delboy

Post by Delboy »

Arlon Tishmarsh wrote:
Delboy wrote:
mine took 2hrs lol, should of been a few mins, still don't know what I had done wrong.
Del, i use Moviemaker as well. Uploading to You Tube only takes a few mins. Do you reduce the output file size ?

Nope!, wouldnt have a clue how to icon_scratch :lol:
Delboy

Post by Delboy »

Good vids Karl, that's a lot of palms!, how many do you have?
karl66

Post by karl66 »

Del, many thanks!, my vid's will hopefully get better & my fences & grass needs cutting :lol: , Trachycarpus's & chammy's amount to about forty five in total ranging from about 9ft tall to ones with 10inch trunks!. I'd have to do a separate headcount on the yucca's & tree fern's though, even though I have a variety of plant's my one aim this year is to add more colours to the garden, the trouble is most of the stuff I want is deciduous which i'm not a lover of!, mind you I do fancy a couple of acer bloodgood. karl.
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

only half way through the back garden vid Karl, and about to nip downstairs for me tea, but wow, great footage so far considering its your first attempt as a techniphobe! The planting scheme and layout i've seen so far in is fantastic too, all looks like its been there for years! not sure where you got your inspiration from but love all the statues, rocks, stones, levels, etc Top work sir icon_thumleft icon_thumleft icon_thumleft icon_thumleft

This is a vid i've been looking forward to seeing for a while as its so hard to visualise it all on the photos, felt strange to actually see it on the big screen, thought it would take you another 3 months to fihure out the upload :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by cordyman on Thu May 23, 2013 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tropicalwon

Post by tropicalwon »

Great videos & garden Karl icon_salut a lot of Superb palms.....Brilliant
Delboy

Post by Delboy »

karl66 wrote:Del, many thanks!, my vid's will hopefully get better & my fences & grass needs cutting :lol: , Trachycarpus's & chammy's amount to about forty five in total ranging from about 9ft tall to ones with 10inch trunks!. I'd have to do a separate headcount on the yucca's & tree fern's though, even though I have a variety of plant's my one aim this year is to add more colours to the garden, the trouble is most of the stuff I want is deciduous which i'm not a lover of!, mind you I do fancy a couple of acer bloodgood. karl.

45 :shock: love it, in 10 years time thats going to be one impressive sight!

I like decidious plants as they add colour in the months you need them, and you dont have to worry about them in winter. My hosta, ferns are brunnera all come up at the same time so i can go from bare earth to loads of colour in a very short time. I wouldnt be without any of them.
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwdU3qLq ... e=youtu.be

0:19 on these bamboo, there is a massive culm among loads of small culms, did you buy like this, or did they just produce a monster culm last year? what species are they, wouldn't mind some uber culms!

2:27 that cerifera, whathasbeenseen.jpg :shock: :shock:

3:50 that back raised bed is supurb, what are the circles around the trachies, are they sunk in pots?
karl66

Post by karl66 »

Steve, the bamboo's were quite mature in that section when I bought them but ive continued too thin them out resulting in fatter culm's, in that top bed are phyllosachy Aurea either side & phyllosachy aureasulcata golden bamboo in centre, the pot to the left is phyllosachy castillonis which is for sale!!, the big cerifica is a recent purchase from palm centre & is a beast. If you see circles around any of my palm's its a tip I picked up off someone on e.p.s who reckons it helps distribute feed & water better. karl.
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

karl66 wrote:Steve, the bamboo's were quite mature in that section when I bought them but ive continued too thin them out resulting in fatter culm's, in that top bed are phyllosachy Aurea either side & phyllosachy aureasulcata golden bamboo in centre, the pot to the left is phyllosachy castillonis which is for sale!!, the big cerifica is a recent purchase from palm centre & is a beast. If you see circles around any of my palm's its a tip I picked up off someone on e.p.s who reckons it helps distribute feed & water better. karl.

How does it work, you snap new culms off giving more energy for the others? or you prune out existing grown culms to make space for monster culms?

The circle sounds interesting, is it a circle of stone covered in soil, or just raised soil?
karl66

Re: Karl66 Blog - latest pic's taken this afternoon.

Post by karl66 »

Steve, nothing special re/raised circle around base, I just keep the mix a nice loam texture to stop it looking like wet mud!, the small culm's that appear in centre of grove just get aborted early at just below soil level which increases energy into fatter ones :lol: , I have one part of the garden where there even fatter!!, you only get this effect with aurea, hence nickname fishing pole bamboo. karl.
Trudytropics

Re: Karl66 Blog - latest pic's taken this afternoon.

Post by Trudytropics »

:shock: you've how many plants? :lol: , good grief I know you have been on a tropical plant spending spree for a while and it shows. What a fantastic collection of palms, looks great now but will be super impressive in a few years. I'm very jealous Karl, I'd love a garden your size, I'm glad you enjoy it so much and thank you for sharing them in your videos icon_thumleft