Karl66 Blog - latest pic's taken this afternoon.

Forum rules
Same rules apply here as on the Main Community forum, be polite, tolerant, and courteous. If you are not happy with a post,'report' it.

Users cannot start their own topics in this area, so if you want a blog topic started, contact using contacts form at the bottom of the page :)
karl66

Re: Karl66 Blog - latest pic's taken this afternoon.

Post by karl66 »

Steve, if I moved more rural which would appeal to us it would have a detrimental effect on our small family business!, we are well established & rooted in our local area's & disappearing off the scene would not be good :lol: ,in our opinion you can not buy a better size or more valuable semi in our current location, so it's a bit of a brain teaser at present!, we wont move just for sake of it & will keep an eye on the market. regards karl.
dino

Post by dino »

From the sound of it I don't know why you're even looking? Why don't you stay where you are and get that place in Cornwall you wanted icon_thumright
karl66

Post by karl66 »

Dino, the Cornish project is on hold for a while as there's to much on the go this end at present!, we would never buy if it wasn't the "right move". karl.
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Update, it been 7 months!
karl66

Post by karl66 »

Kris, thanks for bringing the blog alive again!, there will be plenty of updates soon, it's been hectic on a business& personal level recently but the garden's have come on in a major way since last video/photo's..... no holiday home purchased but we have dipped into the uk market again & bought more investment property. karl.
karl66

Post by karl66 »

Had a really productive wkend in garden!!, apart from constant interuptions from phone call's. Once it dry's enough to cut the grass i'll get some pic's up, everything has come through this mild winter really well apart from a very costly magnolia grandiflora which has almost defoliated :twisted: , I've now moved it hoping it will recover.
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

karl66 wrote:Had a really productive wkend in garden!!, apart from constant interuptions from phone call's. Once it dry's enough to cut the grass i'll get some pic's up, everything has come through this mild winter really well apart from a very costly magnolia grandiflora which has almost defoliated :twisted: , I've now moved it hoping it will recover.
Loads of flowers on the magnolias near me have been damaged by frost.
karl66

Post by karl66 »

Rob, mine took a bad hit!, it was it's first winter out, I believe the wet condition's didn't help also possibly wind damage? the lovely green leave's with velvet undersides are now crispy & dried out.
jaypip47

Post by jaypip47 »

Very impressive mate.
karl66

Post by karl66 »

Well the big move has happened!........we've moved all of 0.6 miles to a smaller detached property but now have a larger frontage and larger rear plot,downside is its a 1934 house that requires major renovation and rear extension.
Our old garden was west facing at rear and new place is south/east and almost totally flat,the light level even in winter seems better. I will post some pics when time permits.
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Have you taken your plants with you ?
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright
karl66

Post by karl66 »

Hi Dave, I've taken as much humanly possible, just about finished the task of moving them....good job as the old house is being handed over next Friday . Had to leave most of large palms as the access to remove was awkward, I'll get some pics asap. How do you rate a south/east rear aspect dave over a full south like yours is I believe.
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Mine is just a bit west of south, so sun 'full on' at around 2pm. SE is fine, sun full on around 10 to 11am. I'd just arrange taller plants, as a shelter belt, down the left hand side. I have my deck down the left hand side to make the most of the afternoon/evening sun.
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright
karl66

Post by karl66 »

Thanks Dave....nice to see you up and running again!.
Our new rear garden is approximately 33ft wide x 142ft long.
GREVILLEAJ

Post by GREVILLEAJ »

You'll have absolutely no trouble filling up your new garden, Karl. Just like to ask what you will do when you run out of space.......next year :lol: