Cheshirepalms blog - Planning for a new arid bed.

Forum rules
Same rules apply here as on the Main Community forum, be polite, tolerant, and courteous. If you are not happy with a post,'report' it.

Users cannot start their own topics in this area, so if you want a blog topic started, contact using contacts form at the bottom of the page :)
Dim

Re: Cheshirepalms blog - Its Spring time to cut the grass!

Post by Dim » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:09 am

good rain predicted for tonight .... time to add some high nitrogen fertilizer to spruce up the lawn

User avatar
cheshirepalms
Posts: 858
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:43 pm
Location: Ellesmere Port, Mersey estuary, Cheshire 53.2N 2.8W
Contact:

Re: Cheshirepalms blog - Its Spring time to cut the grass!

Post by cheshirepalms » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:34 pm

The new fence that was suppose to be put up today has been put back till tomorrow. However the materials were dropped off this afternoon, so my back lawn looks like a building yard and the lawn is going to be like a rugby pitch by tomorrow.
Attachments
fence1.jpg

User avatar
Yorkshire Kris
Posts: 10160
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:59 am
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Re: Cheshirepalms blog - Its Spring time to cut the grass!

Post by Yorkshire Kris » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:53 pm

cheshirepalms wrote:The new fence that was suppose to be put up today has been put back till tomorrow. However the materials were dropped off this afternoon, so my back lawn looks like a building yard and the lawn is going to be like a rugby pitch by tomorrow.

That Trachycarpus looks close to being smashed. icon_blackeye

cordyman

Re: Cheshirepalms blog - Its Spring time to cut the grass!

Post by cordyman » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:45 pm

Yorkshire Kris wrote:
cheshirepalms wrote:The new fence that was suppose to be put up today has been put back till tomorrow. However the materials were dropped off this afternoon, so my back lawn looks like a building yard and the lawn is going to be like a rugby pitch by tomorrow.

That Trachycarpus looks close to being smashed. icon_blackeye

are you keeping it there CP? or relocating?

Put a wheely bin over it ! :shock:

User avatar
cheshirepalms
Posts: 858
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:43 pm
Location: Ellesmere Port, Mersey estuary, Cheshire 53.2N 2.8W
Contact:

Re: Cheshirepalms blog - Its Spring time to cut the grass!

Post by cheshirepalms » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:10 pm

It will be fine I'm sure, the guy who came was admiring the palms and the stuff is no where near it really. It will be on the edge of the border when its finished. I'm just irritated that I'm away tomorrow till Sunday night, so can't get started till at least Monday. I want things doing straight away and I'm work on Monday 3-11 :x

cordyman

Re: Cheshirepalms blog - Its Spring time to cut the grass!

Post by cordyman » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:16 pm

could you give the back of the fence a cheeky coating of heavy duty stain? I regret not doing mine before it was fitted

User avatar
cheshirepalms
Posts: 858
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:43 pm
Location: Ellesmere Port, Mersey estuary, Cheshire 53.2N 2.8W
Contact:

Re: Cheshirepalms blog - Its Spring time to cut the grass!

Post by cheshirepalms » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:34 pm

cordyman wrote:could you give the back of the fence a cheeky coating of heavy duty stain? I regret not doing mine before it was fitted
The new one? Its pressure treated and good for 15 years apparently. The panels should just slide out and be easy to paint if I want too. Need to see how it looks first once its up, hopefully it will be blocked by healthy lush plants in a few years. :)

Springy

Re: Cheshirepalms blog - Its Spring time to cut the grass!

Post by Springy » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:38 pm

cheshirepalms wrote:It will be fine I'm sure, the guy who came was admiring the palms and the stuff is no where near it really. It will be on the edge of the border when its finished. I'm just irritated that I'm away tomorrow till Sunday night, so can't get started till at least Monday. I want things doing straight away and I'm work on Monday 3-11 :x
Yes I'm sure it will be fine!!! Not all of us fencers are rough and ready!! :lol: My boss usually sends me in if there are plants and borders to work around as he knows I'll take extra care. :D
when I get to a garden, if it's well looked after I always try to have a chat about what's growing there. I'd be chatting more than working at yours cp! icon_thumright
Unfortunately I go to more unkempt gardens than nice ones! :cry:

fern Rob

Re: Cheshirepalms blog - Its Spring time to cut the grass!

Post by fern Rob » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:10 pm

It will be different when you next see the garden.

User avatar
cheshirepalms
Posts: 858
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:43 pm
Location: Ellesmere Port, Mersey estuary, Cheshire 53.2N 2.8W
Contact:

Re: Cheshirepalms blog - Its Spring time to cut the grass!

Post by cheshirepalms » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:25 pm

Not long got back from a weekend away in the cold northeast. Fence looks good even if its in the dark :lol: , my girlfriend took this picture from Friday and hopefully I can start on the border tomorrow.
Attachments
fence.jpg

Mr List

Re: Cheshirepalms blog - Its Spring time to cut the grass!

Post by Mr List » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:58 am

that is a grade A fence icon_thumleft

Delboy

Re: Cheshirepalms blog - Its Spring time to cut the grass!

Post by Delboy » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:59 am

That's made a huge difference, great job icon_thumleft

User avatar
Yorkshire Kris
Posts: 10160
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:59 am
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Re: Cheshirepalms blog - Its Spring time to cut the grass!

Post by Yorkshire Kris » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:25 pm

Quality fence, well done!

User avatar
ConcreteJungle
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:07 pm
Location: Greater london

Re: Cheshirepalms blog - Its Spring time to cut the grass!

Post by ConcreteJungle » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:58 pm

Nice blank canvas so to speak :)

jase

Re: Cheshirepalms blog - Its Spring time to cut the grass!

Post by jase » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:49 pm

cheshirepalms wrote:Not long got back from a weekend away in the cold northeast. Fence looks good even if its in the dark :lol: , my girlfriend took this picture from Friday and hopefully I can start on the border tomorrow.

That fence looks great. I've got 15 of em coming in a couple of weeks, I've got to do em though :ahhh!:

I hope they look like that :mrgreen:

Post Reply