Cheshirepalms blog - Planning for a new arid bed.

Forum rules
Same rules apply here as on the Main Community forum, be polite, tolerant, and courteous. If you are not happy with a post,'report' it.

Users cannot start their own topics in this area, so if you want a blog topic started, contact using contacts form at the bottom of the page :)
GREVILLE

Re: Its Spring time to cut the grass!

Post by GREVILLE »

Cut mine this afternoon for the third time in 2014.
cheshirepalms
Location: Ellesmere Port, Mersey estuary, Cheshire 53.2N 2.8W

Post by cheshirepalms »

cordyman wrote:best machinery i've bought for the garden, a 30 min, constant emptying, back and forth chore with the Flymo,

...became a 5-10 minute cut and hoover of perfection job ... more time to watch the bees :lol:

http://www.hardytropicals.co.uk/forum/v ... 3&start=30
That does look a good investment so much that its on my list of things that need to be done the spring/summer season. Got the arid bed and new fence/ border, then a new lawnmower! icon_salut
kata

Post by kata »

Mine is a mud lawn at present... :lol: :lol:

It will Improve, it just needs forking for drainage and sand into holes. Greenthumb will be shortly tackling the weeds.

icon_sunny
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

Going to put some seed on mine.
cheshirepalms

Post by cheshirepalms »

Me too, where the dog has done his sabotage :lol: , needs a good folk too after all the rain and especially so now we have a dry spell.
pdid

Post by pdid »

Not a hope in hell of mowing my lawn yet, it's still far too wet. The kids playhouse needs resetting too as part of it has sunk down, oh well at least I'm mostly on top of the jobs in the house!
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

Cp It usually takes a good few weeks of cutting and regrowth for the lawn to dry out and look good post winter. This year I expected a lot longer due to amount of rain. Before and after yesterday and its looking quite respectable already !

Worth their weight in gold the rotaks!

ConcreteJungle

Post by ConcreteJungle »

I second or third that Bosch lawnmower as the next one to buy, i have the Rotak 40. And i team that up with the Bosch Verticutter AVR 1100 twice a year, when over seeding and aerating the lawn. Another recommendation to improve the quality of the lawn. I went from white dead grass & bare patches throughout, to a full green lawn within months thanks to the verticutter.
billdango

Post by billdango »

Cut mine yesterday with an electric mower then did a lower cut with the push mower.

Plus I planted 2 new Cistus rock roses to replace some losses.

billdango icon_sunny
dorothy

Post by dorothy »

I also have the rotak 40 and it's so much better than our old lawn mower :D
cheshirepalms

Post by cheshirepalms »

Its looking very unanimous on which lawnmower to get next :lol:
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

Seed and feed for my lawn tomorrow.
cheshirepalms

Its Spring time to cut the grass!

Post by cheshirepalms »

Planted my seeds that I tracked down on my hols to Torquay last year, hopefully they will germinate. Have put some on top on my tropical fish tank so that should do the trick and other on windowsills and the greenhouse. Sown Giant Protea, Dactura metel ballerina ( mixed varieties ), Echium pinninana and Fuchsia magellanica, fingers crossed.
GREVILLE

Post by GREVILLE »

All this warmth and sunshine, my lawn has gone up the gears to mid-April mode already. Having to cut weekly and ready to spot-treat the weeds which I didn't do last year (Remember our zero lawn growth this time last year?).
fern Rob

Re: Cheshirepalms blog - Its Spring time to cut the grass!

Post by fern Rob »

Pulling my lawn up in a few weeks so not going to bother with the seed.