Cheshirepalms blog - Planning for a new arid bed.

Forum rules
Same rules apply here as on the Main Community forum, be polite, tolerant, and courteous. If you are not happy with a post,'report' it.

Users cannot start their own topics in this area, so if you want a blog topic started, contact using contacts form at the bottom of the page :)
Dim

Re: Cheshirepalms blog - Its Spring time to cut the grass!

Post by Dim »

good rain predicted for tonight .... time to add some high nitrogen fertilizer to spruce up the lawn
cheshirepalms
Location: Ellesmere Port, Mersey estuary, Cheshire 53.2N 2.8W

Post by cheshirepalms »

The new fence that was suppose to be put up today has been put back till tomorrow. However the materials were dropped off this afternoon, so my back lawn looks like a building yard and the lawn is going to be like a rugby pitch by tomorrow.
Attachments
fence1.jpg
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

cheshirepalms wrote:The new fence that was suppose to be put up today has been put back till tomorrow. However the materials were dropped off this afternoon, so my back lawn looks like a building yard and the lawn is going to be like a rugby pitch by tomorrow.

That Trachycarpus looks close to being smashed. icon_blackeye
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

Yorkshire Kris wrote:
cheshirepalms wrote:The new fence that was suppose to be put up today has been put back till tomorrow. However the materials were dropped off this afternoon, so my back lawn looks like a building yard and the lawn is going to be like a rugby pitch by tomorrow.

That Trachycarpus looks close to being smashed. icon_blackeye

are you keeping it there CP? or relocating?

Put a wheely bin over it ! :shock:
cheshirepalms

Post by cheshirepalms »

It will be fine I'm sure, the guy who came was admiring the palms and the stuff is no where near it really. It will be on the edge of the border when its finished. I'm just irritated that I'm away tomorrow till Sunday night, so can't get started till at least Monday. I want things doing straight away and I'm work on Monday 3-11 :x
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

could you give the back of the fence a cheeky coating of heavy duty stain? I regret not doing mine before it was fitted
cheshirepalms

Post by cheshirepalms »

cordyman wrote:could you give the back of the fence a cheeky coating of heavy duty stain? I regret not doing mine before it was fitted
The new one? Its pressure treated and good for 15 years apparently. The panels should just slide out and be easy to paint if I want too. Need to see how it looks first once its up, hopefully it will be blocked by healthy lush plants in a few years. :)
Springy

Post by Springy »

cheshirepalms wrote:It will be fine I'm sure, the guy who came was admiring the palms and the stuff is no where near it really. It will be on the edge of the border when its finished. I'm just irritated that I'm away tomorrow till Sunday night, so can't get started till at least Monday. I want things doing straight away and I'm work on Monday 3-11 :x
Yes I'm sure it will be fine!!! Not all of us fencers are rough and ready!! :lol: My boss usually sends me in if there are plants and borders to work around as he knows I'll take extra care. :D
when I get to a garden, if it's well looked after I always try to have a chat about what's growing there. I'd be chatting more than working at yours cp! icon_thumright
Unfortunately I go to more unkempt gardens than nice ones! :cry:
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

It will be different when you next see the garden.
cheshirepalms

Post by cheshirepalms »

Not long got back from a weekend away in the cold northeast. Fence looks good even if its in the dark :lol: , my girlfriend took this picture from Friday and hopefully I can start on the border tomorrow.
Attachments
fence.jpg
Mr List

Post by Mr List »

that is a grade A fence icon_thumleft
Delboy

Post by Delboy »

That's made a huge difference, great job icon_thumleft
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Quality fence, well done!
ConcreteJungle

Post by ConcreteJungle »

Nice blank canvas so to speak :)
jase

Post by jase »

cheshirepalms wrote:Not long got back from a weekend away in the cold northeast. Fence looks good even if its in the dark :lol: , my girlfriend took this picture from Friday and hopefully I can start on the border tomorrow.

That fence looks great. I've got 15 of em coming in a couple of weeks, I've got to do em though :ahhh!:

I hope they look like that :mrgreen: