Yorkshire Kris blog: Cow protection

Forum rules
Same rules apply here as on the Main Community forum, be polite, tolerant, and courteous. If you are not happy with a post,'report' it.

Users cannot start their own topics in this area, so if you want a blog topic started, contact using contacts form at the bottom of the page :)
cheshirepalms
Location: Ellesmere Port, Mersey estuary, Cheshire 53.2N 2.8W

Re: Yorkshire Kris blog March gardening, sleeper video 2

Post by cheshirepalms »

Yorkshire Kris wrote:
cheshirepalms wrote:Its really coming along now! The drainage should be excellent at the top part of your garden for succulents and cacti, is that the plan? Bog type plants like gunnera at the bottom?
That is exactly the plan although I'm debating whether to have the arids somewhere else..... Maybe the front garden or the side border next to the fence.

So far I've kept exactly to plan of my design I videoed a few months ago before I started in the garden proper.
I must have missed the garden design video :oops: , need to pay more attention to this blog icon_thumright .
cordyman

Re: Yorkshire Kris blog March gardening, the sun came out.

Post by cordyman »

Yorkshire Kris wrote:

Managed a couple of hours in the garden before breakfast this morning.

looks a proper solid military grade installation all round so far Kris! Top drawer job icon_thumleft

Have you done a hose pipe test at the highest point to watch the water flow? that would make a good vid! The walkways look like they'll be plenty wide as they will overhang the sleepers very slightly!

ps. fence blown down at start of vid?
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Re: Yorkshire Kris blog March gardening, the sun came out.

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

cordyman wrote:
Yorkshire Kris wrote:

Managed a couple of hours in the garden before breakfast this morning.

looks a proper solid military grade installation all round so far Kris! Top drawer job icon_thumleft

Have you done a hose pipe test at the highest point to watch the water flow? that would make a good vid! The walkways look like they'll be plenty wide as they will overhang the sleepers very slightly!

ps. fence blown down at start of vid?

Nope, those panels haven't gone up yet.

It's on the "to-do" list though. icon_thumright
Yorkshire Kris

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

cheshirepalms wrote:
Yorkshire Kris wrote:
cheshirepalms wrote:Its really coming along now! The drainage should be excellent at the top part of your garden for succulents and cacti, is that the plan? Bog type plants like gunnera at the bottom?
That is exactly the plan although I'm debating whether to have the arids somewhere else..... Maybe the front garden or the side border next to the fence.

So far I've kept exactly to plan of my design I videoed a few months ago before I started in the garden proper.
I must have missed the garden design video :oops: , need to pay more attention to this blog icon_thumright .

Wow it was 7 months ago that I posted this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ5ZueiQ ... IZrt0ERSIA
Mr List

Post by Mr List »

GoggleboxUK wrote:Couldn't agree more, getting interactive with the garden by brushing through exotic flora is my idea of what a jungle garden is all about.

it is great when slowly looking round on a sunny day not so much when walking back and forth with heavy bags of shopping in the rain, lol.

plus it really messes up my hair when I get tangled in a big Dicksonia antarctica frond :lol:
cheshirepalms
Location: Ellesmere Port, Mersey estuary, Cheshire 53.2N 2.8W

Post by cheshirepalms »

Wow it was 7 months ago that I posted this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ5ZueiQ ... IZrt0ERSIA
Great video, I'm now fully aware of whats going on in there! icon_salut
ConcreteJungle

Post by ConcreteJungle »

I can just imagine it a bit like the below image.....walking into the unknown wild part of the garden..... Is ropes like here in your plan? Might be good for any "bridge" over water...
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

ConcreteJungle wrote:I can just imagine it a bit like the below image.....walking into the unknown wild part of the garden..... Is ropes like here in your plan? Might be good for any "bridge" over water...
[ Image ]
Now THAT is exactly what I'd like!

Unfortunately, I don't have that much space to play with.
Yorkshire Kris

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

ConcreteJungle wrote:I can just imagine it a bit like the below image.....walking into the unknown wild part of the garden..... Is ropes like here in your plan? Might be good for any "bridge" over water...
[ Image ]

I would LOVE it to look like that eventually..(but on a much smaller scale)

Can't wait to get planting!

And yes there will be a bridge with ropes by it plus a little waterfall.
Springy

Post by Springy »

Hey Kris, it looks like someone is using stills from your schefflera chapana video to advertise taiwaniana seeds on eBay!!! :roll:
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
Yorkshire Kris

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

That's very cheeky and preferred them to contact me before using my images/footage.

Ive seen my videos appear on several gardening sites and always disappointed that they didn't contact me first., simply bad manners.

I wouldn't say no though. I let the videos appear as public on you tube so cant really grumble.
dorothy

Post by dorothy »

[ Image ]

Wow!! Absolutely gorgeous icon_thumleft
kata

Post by kata »

Kris, you can do something,

I dl videos on the 60s music when the mood takes me for a page in my Wordpress.

Sometimes the owner has made it so they can't be dl. I came accross one this week where I could'nt embed as owner blocked that action.

Is'nt that Image of CJ just the best we have seen of a tropical garden for sometime...lovely and thanks CJ!

It will be awesome with the sound of running water.

icon_sunny
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Kata, that wouldn't help in this case as they are just screenshots.

I agree with Kris, as they are public assistance videos it really doesn't matter where they are seen as long as they are seen.

With that Yorkshire Kris TV logo it's fairly obvious who made them. Maybe Kris should buy the dot com ;)
pdid

Post by pdid »

Have you thought about putting perforated drainage pipe in the channels at the bottom of the ditches? It's available fairly cheaply at most builders merchants and I think it would drain better than just gravel which may get silted up.