Yorkshire Kris blog: Cow protection

Forum rules
Same rules apply here as on the Main Community forum, be polite, tolerant, and courteous. If you are not happy with a post,'report' it.

Users cannot start their own topics in this area, so if you want a blog topic started, contact using contacts form at the bottom of the page :)
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Re: Yorkshire Kris Garden Blog THE GRASS IS DOWN!

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

redsquirrel wrote:
Yorkshire Kris wrote:
cordyman wrote:As soon as you get a gardener who can see what you did to it that will be a sale! Good luck its not easy keeping the house in permanent show home conditions for viewing. Took 6 months to sell my last place

6months... try 14months!
nothing to do with Norahs knockin shop next door then :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:
Yorkshire Kris

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

GoggleboxUK wrote:
redsquirrel wrote:
nothing to do with Norahs knockin shop next door then :lol: :lol: :lol:
No, it's Kris' mutant twin in the cellar. It won't keep quiet during viewings.

I won't have a bad word said about norah, she does a lovely cream slice.

Yorkshire Kris

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

kata wrote:Beautiful Kris,

I went on to buy two new Cardinalis. Is it too late for flowering, they are about 3ft now.

:mrgreen:

You should be seeing flowers forming now? They flower at a height of 2-4 foot although can grow to close to 6 foot when in full flower in fertile,moist soil.
Mr List

Post by Mr List »

Yorkshire Kris wrote:
Mr List wrote:looking back over some of these pics i have seen you have a variegated fuchsia that looks identical to one i got from morrisons this year.

is it a hardy one?
it seems to be there in a few photos from different years.

Mr List,

The fuchsia is "Tom West" I only bought one plant of this for £1.25 4/5 years ago. For a few years I took cuttings in late summer to keep this plant going over winter. The mother plant also survived outside. Last summer I didn't take cuttings as I had more than enough plants. I grew some in large pots with other plants. I dragged a few of these large pots into the garage and left some outside. The ones left outside LAST winter didn't make it. The ones in the garage did.

In short they are hardy in most winters.
do you know if they can be over wintered in the dark?
Yorkshire Kris

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Mr List wrote:
Yorkshire Kris wrote:
Mr List wrote:looking back over some of these pics i have seen you have a variegated fuchsia that looks identical to one i got from morrisons this year.

is it a hardy one?

Mr List,

Yes they are deciduous. They need to be kept pretty dry.

The fuchsia is "Tom West" I only bought one plant of this for £1.25 4/5 years ago. For a few years I took cuttings in late summer to keep this plant going over winter. The mother plant also survived outside. Last summer I didn't take cuttings as I had more than enough plants. I grew some in large pots with other plants. I dragged a few of these large pots into the garage and left some outside. The ones left outside LAST winter didn't make it. The ones in the garage did.

Mr List

Post by Mr List »

informative.... icon_scratch :lol:
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

Mr List wrote:informative.... icon_scratch :lol:
Mr List wrote:
Yorkshire Kris wrote:
Mr List wrote:
looking back over some of these pics i have seen you have a variegated fuchsia that looks identical to one i got from morrisons this year.

is it a hardy one?

Mr List,

Yes they are deciduous. They need to be kept pretty dry.

think your answer got caught in the middle icon_thumleft
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
Yorkshire Kris

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

I don't know how that happened? icon_salut

I hope you got the answer now Mr list, Cheers Red.
Mr List

Post by Mr List »

ah ha, cheers icon_thumleft :DD
Yorkshire Kris

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Well I have just got back from a lovely holiday in Brighton and seen some nice exotics. Before I even unpacked or had a cup of tea I whipped out the camcorder from my bag and did another video of the garden to show the new features and a lot of growth within a month.

I have done proper commentary THAT YOU CAN HEAR!! this time from 2 mins 30 seconds into it.
Trudytropics

Re: Yorkshire Kris Blog AUGUST VIDEO PALM GROWTH, FLUSH and

Post by Trudytropics »

Really enjoyed your film Yorkshire Kris, although you might want to check date at beginning. Either you are a Timelord or you hit the wrong button twice :lol: :lol: .

Great opening music, lovely and tranquil icon_thumleft .

Your garden is looking full and healthy, very little room left for anything else. The things I particularly liked were the two fatsias variagated and spiders web, they both seem to have an upward leaf habit, unlike my more floppy leaves :lol: , also really like the variated bamboo tucked away. Your aeonium at the front is a stunner, its huge :D . Nice when you go away and come back and everything is doing well in the garden, at least this summer most of us have not had to worry about drought conditions in our absence :lol:
Mr List

Post by Mr List »

most definitely your best video yet and lovely to see how much things have come along this year.

are your gingers hardy plants?
Yorkshire Kris

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

I have found that generally gingers are harder than any canna. Either mulch well or grow in a pot and move to a frost free place.
Yorkshire Kris

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Trudytropics wrote:Really enjoyed your film Yorkshire Kris, although you might want to check date at beginning. Either you are a Timelord or you hit the wrong button twice :lol: :lol: .

Great opening music, lovely and tranquil icon_thumleft .

Your garden is looking full and healthy, very little room left for anything else. The things I particularly liked were the two fatsias variagated and spiders web, they both seem to have an upward leaf habit, unlike my more floppy leaves :lol: , also really like the variated bamboo tucked away. Your aeonium at the front is a stunner, its huge :D . Nice when you go away and come back and everything is doing well in the garden, at least this summer most of us have not had to worry about drought
conditions in our absence :lol:
Thank you for your lovely comments and yes i am a time lord!
The fatsias had been growing in the back corner so had to grow up rather than out. I moved the pots when i went away to make it more obvious for neighbours to water them.

The music is from tomb raider 1
kevineden

Post by kevineden »

great garden kris good collection of plants icon_salut