Yorkshire Kris blog: Cow protection

Forum rules
Same rules apply here as on the Main Community forum, be polite, tolerant, and courteous. If you are not happy with a post,'report' it.

Users cannot start their own topics in this area, so if you want a blog topic started, contact using contacts form at the bottom of the page :)
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Re: Yorkshire Kris Garden Blog THE GRASS IS DOWN!

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Arlon Tishmarsh wrote:Top job Dude icon_thumleft finishes it off nicely

only thing i'd do is cut it back from the log roll a little to make it easier to mow, otherwise it's "strimmer time" and lots of breaking cord to keep unwinding.

Damn!, I need to get a mower now! :lol:
I was thinking that I would use some hand shears to cut the grass near the log rolls.

Positive thinking...I might sell before the lawn needs a mow. :D
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

When the potential buyers ask what plants you are leaving what are you going to say?
Yorkshire Kris

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

cordyman wrote:When the potential buyers ask what plants you are leaving what are you going to say?
Nobody so far have mentioned the plants. Most things are coming with me. So I will tell them that. Most of the plants in the garden come in for winter anyway.
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

As soon as you get a gardener who can see what you did to it that will be a sale! Good luck its not easy keeping the house in permanent show home conditions for viewing. Took 6 months to sell my last place
Yorkshire Kris

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

cordyman wrote:As soon as you get a gardener who can see what you did to it that will be a sale! Good luck its not easy keeping the house in permanent show home conditions for viewing. Took 6 months to sell my last place

6months... try 14months!
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

You dropped the price yet?

I take it you've not seen a place to move to yet as need to get offer on yours first?

Hardest thing for us was hoping the house we loved didn't get bought by someone else while we waited for an offer on ours. It went off the market but sale fell through so managed to get it in the end icon_cheers
Yorkshire Kris

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

cordyman wrote:You dropped the price yet?

I take it you've not seen a place to move to yet as need to get offer on yours first?

Hardest thing for us was hoping the house we loved didn't get bought by someone else while we waited for an offer on ours. It went off the market but sale fell through so managed to get it in the end icon_cheers

The price is the same as all comparable houses in the area.(Although ours doesn't need updating inside so IMO better Value for money) The thing is most houses are not selling. It is really slow. Houses I liked 2/3 years ago are still for sale.
Rachelpalm

Post by Rachelpalm »

Hello
your garden looks amazing. I have the same log edging and simply cut my lawn edge with garden scissors. It does take a little bit of time, but well worth it. Your garden looks full of colour. Beautiful
Yorkshire Kris

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Rachelpalm wrote:Hello
your garden looks amazing. I have the same log edging and simply cut my lawn edge with garden scissors. It does take a little bit of time, but well worth it. Your garden looks full of colour. Beautiful
Thanks Rachel, Yes I may have to use scissors. If you take a look on page one of this thread in one photo is a pic of the small "lawn" I once had. I used to cut this with just shears and scissors!
kata

Post by kata »

Beautiful Kris,

I went on to buy two new Cardinalis. Is it too late for flowering, they are about 3ft now.

:mrgreen:
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

Yorkshire Kris wrote:
cordyman wrote:As soon as you get a gardener who can see what you did to it that will be a sale! Good luck its not easy keeping the house in permanent show home conditions for viewing. Took 6 months to sell my last place

6months... try 14months!
nothing to do with Norahs knockin shop next door then :lol: :lol: :lol:
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

redsquirrel wrote:
nothing to do with Norahs knockin shop next door then :lol: :lol: :lol:
No, it's Kris' mutant twin in the cellar. It won't keep quiet during viewings.

I won't have a bad word said about norah, she does a lovely cream slice.

:lol:
Mr List

Post by Mr List »

looking back over some of these pics i have seen you have a variegated fuschia that looks identical to one i got from morrisons this year.

is it a hardy one?
it seems to be there in a few photos from different years.
Yorkshire Kris

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Mr List wrote:looking back over some of these pics i have seen you have a variegated fuchsia that looks identical to one i got from morrisons this year.

is it a hardy one?
it seems to be there in a few photos from different years.

Mr List,

The fuchsia is "Tom West" I only bought one plant of this for £1.25 4/5 years ago. For a few years I took cuttings in late summer to keep this plant going over winter. The mother plant also survived outside. Last summer I didn't take cuttings as I had more than enough plants. I grew some in large pots with other plants. I dragged a few of these large pots into the garage and left some outside. The ones left outside LAST winter didn't make it. The ones in the garage did.

In short they are hardy in most winters.