Yorkshire Kris blog: Cow protection

Forum rules
Same rules apply here as on the Main Community forum, be polite, tolerant, and courteous. If you are not happy with a post,'report' it.

Users cannot start their own topics in this area, so if you want a blog topic started, contact using contacts form at the bottom of the page :)
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Re: Yorkshire Kris Garden Blog NEW GROWTH FINALLY!!

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

The Codfather wrote:icon_thumright I too have a little nikon coolpix.....but really want a dslr.
coolpix are great as they are more handy. But nothing beats an SLR for overall versatility icon_thumright
Arlon Tishmarsh

Post by Arlon Tishmarsh »

Not a camera expert but would a dslr give better close up pics
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

Yep....they just give an allround better pic on everything. DSLR is the way to go icon_thumright
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
Yorkshire Kris

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

A DSLR is much better than any compact digital camera. MY DSLR has two lenses. One for general photos and another that I bought seperately for macro shots. It is a fixed lens so you can't zoom but picture quality can be amazing. Below are some shots with my macro lens taken just now.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
dk

Re: Yorkshire Kris Garden Blog MACRO photography July 15th

Post by dk »

Stunning photos Kris, such a wide range of foliage and color! icon_thumleft

Think I'll need to invest in a macro lens myself!
Trudytropics

Post by Trudytropics »

STUNNING, nature in all its perfection, just beautiful! I tell you what if you had those images printed onto canvas you would make a bomb on ebay :D . Really beautiful and thankyou for those pictures icon_thumleft
Bob

Post by Bob »

Cracking macros Kris. icon_thumright are you doing any PS on them? they look very vibrant. I like taking closeups myself but wont post them in your thread.

I'm another that got lured by 'red spider', what a disappointment. :evil: I grow 'Old Mexico' from seed most years, much better and hangs around until late in the year.
Yorkshire Kris

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Bob wrote:Cracking macros Kris. icon_thumright are you doing any PS on them? they look very vibrant. I like taking closeups myself but wont post them in your thread.

I'm another that got lured by 'red spider', what a disappointment. :evil: I grow 'Old Mexico' from seed most years, much better and hangs around until late in the year.

Yes Red Spider is rubbish but still can get a decent macro shot out of it icon_thumright

Purple Prince is a better zinnia that I have grown this year. I have grown much better ones in the past.

All pics have been over saturated to make the colours zing. No other trickery though.
jcec1

Post by jcec1 »

Great photography Kris - makes me want to go out and buy a SLR 8)
Cathy

Post by Cathy »

Y'Kris, All really good photography but I love the border pic's best! ie. the one with the californain poppies and the one with the yellow loostrife among the fern fronds! that's just me! :roll:
Cathy
Yorkshire Kris

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Cathy wrote:Y'Kris, All really good photography but I love the border pic's best! ie. the one with the californian poppies and the one with the yellow loostrife among the fern fronds! that's just me! :roll:
Cathy
I'm glad you like them. The pictures of all the pots with the Californian poppies is one of my faves too along with the yellow bamboo culm.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Yorkshire Kris wrote:
Bob wrote:Cracking macros Kris. icon_thumright are you doing any PS on them? they look very vibrant. I like taking closeups myself but wont post them in your thread.

Yes Red Spider is rubbish but still can get a decent macro shot out of it icon_thumright

Purple Prince is a better zinnia that I have grown this year. I have grown much better ones in the past.

All pics have been over saturated to make the colours zing. No other trickery though.
I'll make a note of purple prince for next year. icon_thumright
'Old Mexico' has very variable flowers from the same packet of seeds,I'll have to get some shots up on here somewhere.
Scott Radford

Re: Just thought I'd share some pics of my garden

Post by Scott Radford »

kata wrote:Very nice Kris,

Them Cardinalis, I bought one last year, no idea if it survived the snow blanket.

I have to walk accross the lawn to get to the border and at the minute its sodden wet through, no chance to look if its still there.

icon_cheers icon_cheers
I wouldn't bother getting your feet wet Kata :lol:

It's not hardy - sold as such as even a pond marginal but it cannot take cold. It's called a perrenial, b utis in fact short lived being a biennial or three years at most normally icon_scratch
Cathy

Post by Cathy »

Yorkshire Kris wrote:
Cathy wrote:Y'Kris, All really good photography but I love the border pic's best! ie. the one with the californian poppies and the one with the yellow loostrife among the fern fronds! that's just me! :roll:
Cathy
I'm glad you like them. The pictures of all the pots with the Californian poppies is one of my faves too along with the yellow bamboo culm.
...Sorry :oops: just looked again and the perrennial yellow Loostrife is amongst the foliage in front of the brick wall, not "fern fronds"! :oops:
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

Very very nice photography Chris!

This ones my favourite only because i love striped bamboo icon_cheers