Arlons Blog: Propagating Cycas revoluta "aurea" ..SUCCESS !

Forum rules
Same rules apply here as on the Main Community forum, be polite, tolerant, and courteous. If you are not happy with a post,'report' it.

Users cannot start their own topics in this area, so if you want a blog topic started, contact using contacts form at the bottom of the page :)
Trudytropics

Re: Arlons Blog: Water feature and fake rock project

Post by Trudytropics »

Is there no end to your talents? you have made an ordinary pond liner (most people would use as is) and turned it into an extraordinary garden feature. It looks superb and I know when all planted up and later in the year it will be fantastic. It reminds me somewhat of some hot springs, you know where people go to sit in therapeutic salty waters. Reading you have put dye in the water though, anyone taking a dip may resemble the Hulk once finished :lol:

Great job Arlon, I really do think you have talent, especially for turning the mundane into something special.
Arlon Tishmarsh

Post by Arlon Tishmarsh »

Thanks Trudy ... icon_thumleft
tropicalwon

Post by tropicalwon »

Arlon Tishmarsh wrote:i started a
Looking good again Arlon......I mean the"faux rock"raised Agave bed :lol:
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

Arlon Tishmarsh wrote:
dorothy wrote: Just a small note, lillys don't like running water so put it opposite side to your water fall icon_thumleft
There's a coincidence Dorothy, i was reading just that the other night but big thanks for pointing it out.With that in mind i altered the waterfall bit so it would run down the face of the faux rock into the pond....

and as i had a mix in anyway, i started a "faux rock"raised Agave bed...............

Today should see the agave bed just about finished and planted out. It was going to be for my cycads but wasn't big enough. So weather permitting , i'll do a "faux rock" raised bed for the cycads next week .

This morning i refilled the pond, the solar pump is now up and running. Still waiting for the water lillies to arrive tho. Once both projects are 100%, i'll do a combined "vidjo" for both............ icon_thumleft

as per usual MIND=BLOWN

Nick

Post by Nick »

Hi Arlon
was hoping to see an update on your pond project, have you finished. Its been a while now.
I would think you finished and moved on to something else by now.

Will you do a video of the finished project :?:
Arlon Tishmarsh

Guilty as charged Nick....... :lol:

The fake rock pond was finished weeks ago, as was the fake rock arid raised bed. I've also started and finished the fake rock cycad bed and i'm now back in my little fernery beds adding more / different ferns ferns, more big logs etc etc. I have taken pics and short vidjo shots, all with the best intention of putting them together etc and posting . Then i sit down, have me dinner and a chat with me mrs and all that best intention fly's out the window and i can't be bothered......:lol:

I will get around to it , promise.........................sometime.. :lol:
Nick

Post by Nick »

I will look forward to that. Having visited your garden sometime ago, I am always interested in what you are doing and your projects.
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

Arlon Tishmarsh wrote:Guilty as charged Nick....... :lol:

The fake rock pond was finished weeks ago, as was the fake rock arid raised bed. I've also started and finished the fake rock cycad bed and i'm now back in my little fernery beds adding more / different ferns ferns, more big logs etc etc. I have taken pics and short vidjo shots, all with the best intention of putting them together etc and posting . Then i sit down, have me dinner and a chat with me mrs and all that best intention fly's out the window and i can't be bothered......:lol:

I will get around to it , promise.........................sometime.. :lol:
Come on....we need pictures! icon_thumright
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
Arlon Tishmarsh

Nick wrote:I will look forward to that. ...
Tom2006 wrote: Come on....we need pictures! icon_thumright
Not long now....... :lol:

In the mean time some Astillboides Tabularis pics.....................

One in total shade .....

A recent division doing well..........

My original parent plant. Leaf size approx 600mm.

and a look at the new growth coming through underneath.........

Nick

Post by Nick »

Thanks for posting the pics . icon_thumleft

Hopefully with mine being watered regularly they grow as well as yours.
pdid

Post by pdid »

Nice, good to see what I can look forward to. She arrived A ok this morning. Cheers icon_thumleft
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

Lovely plants Arlon, just the right effect for a tropical garden, mine is in a pot and onto its second year, How big do they get? i would love to plant it under my Trachycarpus next year.
Delboy

Post by Delboy »

Great pics, its definately high up on my wants list, just need to find one that doesnt have silly p&p.
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

Delboy wrote:Great pics, its definately high up on my wants list, just need to find one that doesnt have silly p&p.
I got mine from Bob last year Delboy, if you wait till next year ill send you an offsho,t or whatever you call it :mrgreen:
Delboy

Post by Delboy »

Who's Bob icon_scratch :lol:

That would be great DeeDee, hopefully i will find one for a good price, but if not i would definately be up that icon_thumleft