Woodland walk today

Forum rules
Same as all HTUK forums, be courteous, polite and tolerant, remember everyone is entitled to an opinion, even if you don't agree with it ;)
stephenprudence

Woodland walk today

Post by stephenprudence »

I thought it's great day for a walk.. the weather was nice it wasn't that cold, and I don't go into a local woodlands much, so I thought I would today.. the woodlands are fairly large, they provide a decent walk!

stephenprudence

Re: Woodland walk today

some wildlife along the way..

Conifers

Post by Conifers »

Nice!

You know there's a wildlife section now where it could go: http://www.hardytropicals.co.uk/forum/v ... .php?f=137
stephenprudence

:oops: Never thought of that.. doh!
Adam D

Post by Adam D »

Great shots Stephen.

I like being close to woods and nature. However, your woods are quite different to the ones up here as they are mainly conifers (I prefer the look of yours to be honest!)

Have you bought a new camera? The quality of the shots is excellent, lovely and sharp with great colours.
stephenprudence

Adam D wrote:Great shots Stephen.

I like being close to woods and nature. However, your woods are quite different to the ones up here as they are mainly conifers (I prefer the look of yours to be honest!)

Have you bought a new camera? The quality of the shots is excellent, lovely and sharp with great colours.
I have indeed Adam, got a DSLR camera a few months ago...! It's been fun taking the shots!
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Gorgeous pictures, I haven't seen a Nuthatch in years so thanks for sharing those.

;)
call

Post by call »

nice pictures strange how some of our own native plants can be so 'tropical' :D
stephenprudence

A passer by has kindly put seed down for them.. they (the Nuthatches) were defending the seed like mad.. no other birds would go near it! They seemed really aggressive
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

stephenprudence wrote:

I have indeed Adam, got a DSLR camera a few months ago...! It's been fun taking the shots!
Fantastic pictures Stephen, of a fantastic looking place and wildlife icon_thumright
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by RogerBacardy »

Very nice, they're great shots of the birds, so thanks for sharing :)

I think it's really important to connect with nature and venture into green spaces, especially if you live in a built-up urban area.
Palmer

Post by Palmer »

stephenprudence wrote:

Great shots Stephen icon_thumleft is your new camera a Nikon and what lens are you using!
I really like the sharpness and colour of the images. :)
stephenprudence

Thanks everyone... Its particularly atmospheric in summer when its warm and rainy... !

Camera is indeed a Nikon d5100. I was using a standard 18-55mm for the woodland shots and a 70-300mm for the birds.
kata

Post by kata »

Beautiful Images stevie, especially the birds,

No Snowdrops or Bluebells?

Thanks for sharing!!

I need to update my camera... :lol:
stephenprudence

Unfortunately not as the interior of the woodland is evergreen.. They should grow on the woodland edge but didn't see any