Small rodents in the shed

Forum rules
Same as all HTUK forums, be courteous, polite and tolerant, remember everyone is entitled to an opinion, even if you don't agree with it ;)
flounder

Small rodents in the shed

Post by flounder »

I'm starting to feel like David Attenborough! Birds in the greenhouse and mice in the shed icon_rambo
Had to get something out of the shed, opened the door and greeted with that tell tale smell of rodent urine. Also, droppings on top of my fishing bag and work bench. Don't get me wrong, I like wildlife in the garden and I suppose creating a jungle you have to expect the creatures that go with it(albeit on a smaller scale). This time though I've served the eviction notice....peanut butter :wink:
Gary 1 v mice 0
Gary 1 v mice 1 He's a clever one icon_study
Gary 2 v mice 1 ten minutes? icon_scratch I've got an infestation :(
Andy P

Re: Small rodents in the shed

Post by Andy P »

You need one of these. :lol:
Attachments
mouse trap.jpg
mouse trap.jpg (9.45 KiB) Viewed 2714 times
flounder

Post by flounder »

Another one. I'm not going to count them individually now, I'll do 'em by the pound :roll:
Barry

Post by Barry »

flounder wrote:Another one. I'm not going to count them individually now, I'll do 'em by the pound :roll:
Get a cat(our neighbours brought in a live rat a couple of days ago) although this may not be a good thing for the Robins :roll:
kata

Post by kata »

:( ....time to clear that shed,

I had the same trouble when I came here. Being a bungalow I dare not leave my bedroom window open at night in case any mice crawl up the wall and In through my window... :( Problem is even if window is on a first catch latch as mice have no backbone anywhere is accessble.

I found a family of them in my shed, I forgot there were fatballs stored in the shed for birds and peanuts at the hanger outside..I give them their due they are very clean mice here......... :lol: :lol: Peanut coats in one pile, fatball crumbs in another, they shot out when I opened the shed door, not been back since, but forever wary now.

Thanks your lucky stars you never had what I had next...flies...on walls, ceiling, my computer, doors, windows apparently they sniffed a dead bird body in the loft and came in after it. That was Christmas week so no callout from pest control. The bird had got in when a cage had fallen off the roof and it could'nt get out.

Just make sure you store the fishing tackle clean and free from smells flounder.

icon_cheers icon_cheers
flounder

Post by flounder »

Barry wrote:
flounder wrote:Another one. I'm not going to count them individually now, I'll do 'em by the pound :roll:
Get a cat(our neighbours brought in a live rat a couple of days ago) although this may not be a good thing for the Robins :roll:
I have a collie, brilliant at keeping the garden rat free....and cat free come to think of it :lol:
flounder

Post by flounder »

kata wrote::( ....time to clear that shed,

I had the same trouble when I came here. Being a bungalow I dare not leave my bedroom window open at night in case any mice crawl up the wall and In through my window... :( Problem is even if window is on a first catch latch as mice have no backbone anywhere is accessble.

I found a family of them in my shed, I forgot there were fatballs stored in the shed for birds and peanuts at the hanger outside..I give them their due they are very clean mice here......... :lol: :lol: Peanut coats in one pile, fatball crumbs in another, they shot out when I opened the shed door, not been back since, but forever wary now.

Thanks your lucky stars you never had what I had next...flies...on walls, ceiling, my computer, doors, windows apparently they sniffed a dead bird body in the loft and came in after it. That was Christmas week so no callout from pest control. The bird had got in when a cage had fallen off the roof and it could'nt get out.

Just make sure you store the fishing tackle clean and free from smells flounder.

icon_cheers icon_cheers
I've been meaning to clean the shed out for a couple of years now, might finally get round to it soon. Just wondering if the 10kg of dog biscuit that disappeared from the shed last november, might have something to do with it. Must get some buckets with close fitting lids :(
kata

Post by kata »

If there is even the most remote chance of a crumb or shelter they will be in there,

I do have mice around because I rolled a fatball out of frustration at no birds eating them and that fatball landed under the Leylandi...lmfaooooooooooo Its gone so the mice ate it.

In the colder weather this year I was making something of a space in front of the garage and there was a mouse running through the soil.

They are around, always will be.

You should be ok in summer with food plentyful on trees plants etc.

Look what vanished when I went to look for it last year in spring 2012...I say mice, all that was left was soil on the shelf I kept it on.
tropicalcanna.jpg
Wish I had one of these for them flies.. :mrgreen:
executioner.jpg
executioner.jpg (17.48 KiB) Viewed 2685 times
flounder

Post by flounder »

Hmm, Houston we have a problem :(
11 in four days including two in the same trap :shock:
I need to lock a couple of cats in the shed methinks...hairballs I can deal with icon_study
kata

Post by kata »

:o :o A big family.... :lol:

Glad they're not in my shed. Something is beneficial to their well being in that shed of yours Flounder.

If the shed was mine and occupied I would empty it, brush every nook and cranny it then raw bleach it.
icon_cheers
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

flounder

Post by flounder »

Kata, you're more than welcome to come and do it for me. I'll supply the marigolds and tea icon_thumright
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

Chocolate.....the little beggars can't resist it.
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
flounder

Post by flounder »

The Codfather wrote:Chocolate.....the little beggars can't resist it.
The two best baits, chocolate spread and peanut butter icon_thumleft
I use peanut butter cos I won't share my chocolate with anyone or anything icon_thumbdown
kata

Post by kata »

:lol: :lol:

If you have electric option in the shed what about mice and rat electric plugins, quite cheap. I have two in the bedroom one in the lounge and one in the hallway.

icon_cheers