Blackbird relaxing in wall planter

Forum rules
Same as all HTUK forums, be courteous, polite and tolerant, remember everyone is entitled to an opinion, even if you don't agree with it ;)
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Blackbird relaxing in wall planter

Post by Dave Brown »

I was at my In Laws last weekend and a Blackbird decided it needed a rest, so settled down in a wall planter and made itself comfortable. It seemed to be really enjoying basking in the sun.
Attachments
2013-06-16 15-54-22 Blackbird.jpg
2013-06-16 15-57-52 Blackbird in planter.jpg
2013-06-16 16-01-50 Blackbird sings.jpg
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Re: Blackbird relaxing in wall planter

Post by kata »

Regular at mine Dave, lovely shots.

At my last house I found one Injured and ask RSPCA to come out so they could make it better, it was nibbling at bread I gave it, they only said take it to the nearest animal shelter.

I walked there, I was'nt happy one bit and now will never support the RSPCA lack of care. They did the same with my dying Millie dog.
:(
Mr List

Post by Mr List »

same with hurt stray cats.

I always thought the rspca was like an ambulance 999 for animals but basically they don't do anything , the animals and you are on your own.
kata

Post by kata »

Yea, so did I ML, All comes down to money.

I saw a dead bird the other day after I had been to a hospital appoint , it was just thrown over a fence for all to see at the bus stop. Tomorrow I will ring services before it begins to decompose with it being warm..

:( :(
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

kata wrote:Yea, so did I ML, All comes down to money.

I saw a dead bird the other day after I had been to a hospital appoint , it was just thrown over a fence for all to see at the bus stop. Tomorrow I will ring services before it begins to decompose with it being warm..

:( :(
The name gives it away Kata. RSPCA is Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.
Would you call the NSPCC if a child fell off it's bike in the street, no, you'd call an ambulance. :wink:

If you'd said your next door neighbour's dog was in a bad way, and they are not doing anything to sort it out, then they would be round to look, as a neglect issue :wink:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by kata »

I know what it means Dave, please don't take me for the village Idiot..I am NOT.

I found that Injured bird on the road where i live. I gave it a box and a blanket and bread, it was still alive.

Short of calling an ambulance :lol: I called the RSPCA, Its RSPCA who should have dealt with it not shifted the work on to another. Anyone else may have only kicked it to one side.

As for my dog she was gravely Ill, pacing and salvating and banging her head on the floor with a migraine type headache to painful to bear.

A surgeon told us the pain in her head was typical of Liver shunt sending bad blood to her brain . The help I asked RSPCA for was cause (assess her till morning) and maybe give me some idea what I could do for her...no one rang me back as promised or came to the house.

For a child I would assess the child for serious Injury, then take the child home If not serious or call an AMBULANCE if it was.

icon_sunny
flounder

Post by flounder »

The PDSA are the ones who deal with sick and injured animals.
flounder

Post by flounder »

Dave, I've looked at the pictures a couple of times now. I had to have a second look as the third picture looks like a creature you'd find on a kiddies programme!
I'm sure it is real and not staged for your new camera :wink:
Conifers

Post by Conifers »

Blackbirds enjoy flaking out in the sun
Attachments
Picture 020lo.jpg
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

flounder wrote:Dave, I've looked at the pictures a couple of times now. I had to have a second look as the third picture looks like a creature you'd find on a kiddies programme!
I don't think it was staged as I was inside and it couldn't see me, but I didn't ask :lol:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by Alexander »

Well I have been 2 weeks to the Canary Islands. And the funny thing they have there is blacbirds singing in coconutpalms! Well its a subspecies of blackbird it seems. But they sound just like the ones backhome. Walking in that Palmetum in Santa Cruz de Tenerife among all kinds of tropical palms and other exotic stuff with those blackbirds singing in the background is a very strange combination.
Well maybe I have been so many times to tropical areas where you get proper tropical birdsongs in the background.

Alexander
kata

Post by kata »

I don't think it was staged as I was inside and it couldn't see me, but I didn't ask
Good shots to say you were inside, must be a heck of a camera.

icon_cheers
Arlon Tishmarsh

Post by Arlon Tishmarsh »

kata wrote:I called the RSPCA, Its RSPCA who should have dealt with it not shifted the work on to another.

icon_sunny
K, when i took an injured pigeon to our local RSPCA i was told to take it to a vet. Apparently, they're obliged to treat wild animals for free. As said before, RSPCA is there for the prevention of cruelty etc and not to act as an emergency service. That said, i was always under the same impression as you
kata

Post by kata »

Thanks Arlon,

They were no help even though she was a suffering animal and so we took her to Northwich hospital at the finish but she died in a coma.

:(

RSPCA will never get a penny off me.

Back to the birds.
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

flounder wrote:Dave, I've looked at the pictures a couple of times now. I had to have a second look as the third picture looks like a creature you'd find on a kiddies programme!
The third pics that good its almost as if Daves bought a puppet and has his hand up the back creating the pose :lol: :lol: :lol: icon_thumleft