U.S. Study Reveals Why Bees are Dying Out

Forum rules
Same as all HTUK forums, be courteous, polite and tolerant, remember everyone is entitled to an opinion, even if you don't agree with it ;)
Dim

Re: U.S. Study Reveals Why Bees are Dying Out

Post by Dim »

There is a tv documentary about bees which will be aired on BBC 2 tonight (02/08/2013) ....

What's Killing Our Bees? A Horizon Special

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b037y0zf
Alexander

Re: U.S. Study Reveals Why Bees are Dying Out

Post by Alexander »

I have seen that documentary. It was very good and indeed what I had allready theorised about the fact of the modern countryside being in fact a green dessert. In cities bees seem to do well. Well the conclussion is that we should plant lots of plants bees and other insect like! So not only exotic foliage plants but also a wide variety of flowering plants. And counsels should provide more wildflower meadows for example as a habitat for all sorts of wildlive. Here in my town they have done that allready years ago with the results that we have a couple of thousend of Dactylhoriza praetremissa growing here. And lots of insects are seen now on the wildflowers. And in my garden on the allotment in the evening you hear the sound of big green Tettigonia viridissima, a kind of grasshopper. Just

Also creating a pond is good for wildlive! I have one and all the time I see frogs and toads arround. And the green Rana ridibunda wich is pretty common here.

Alexander