Frogs

Forum rules
Same as all HTUK forums, be courteous, polite and tolerant, remember everyone is entitled to an opinion, even if you don't agree with it ;)
DiCasS

Frogs

Post by DiCasS »

I was in my seating area the other day, there's lots of little pots in there shaded from the sun, I was moving things around and moved the chair and heard what I can only describe as a loud squeal, and it kept squealling. I looked down and there was a frog with the foot of the chair on his back leg. I had never, ever, heard a frog squeal before, it was such a painful cry and could have wept when I seen him stuck with his leg outstreached trying to escape. I think he was in shock cos when I removed the chair he never budged, just sat there with a stunned look on his face :cry:

Di
I'm at an age where my back goes out more than I do.
Supporter of the N.A.S.
Clive60

Re: Frogs

Post by Clive60 »

So what happened next?
flounder

Post by flounder »

First time I heard them squeal, was when the cats I use to wait on were playing with one under the kitchen table, but I'd never actually drop the table on one :shock: I mean, that's just down right sadistic :wink:
DiCasS

Post by DiCasS »

What? Your cats had got a waiter :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: I know, it was awful Flounder, I made it even worse by leaning on the chair and looking where the squeal was coming from :shock: :oops:

Clive, I left him there for a while but when I came back later, he'd gone, I felt really bad for him.

Was clearing out the greenhouse, and you inow what it's been like this year for frogs, millions of them, and there was a baby one stuck in cobwebs underneath my staging. Tried to get most off of him and put him in the damp fern area. I'm finding them everywhere at the moment, and they're so tiny you don't notice them until they jump.

Di
I'm at an age where my back goes out more than I do.
Supporter of the N.A.S.
kata

Post by kata »

Hmm..I have none,

I once at an old address used some weed membrane on a walled garden, wrong type cus it held loads of water. I saw a frog in it soon after.

I hope none have sat in my Fern crown feasting... :(
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

I have never heard of frogs damaging tree ferns.
kata

Post by kata »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I am deaperate to know what is feasting, all the water I give it, it could a been a frog...lmaooooooooooo

:lol: :lol:
Clive60

Post by Clive60 »

Not frogs, they're insectivores
kata

Post by kata »

Ta Clive!

icon_cheers
Conifers

Post by Conifers »

Clive60 wrote:Not frogs, they're insectivores
Aren't they more slugivores? icon_thumright
appleman

Post by appleman »

Need to be so careful with frogs when gardening because they can come out from no where and you would never want to hurt. so good for the garden.
http://www.gardeningmaintenanceleicester.co.uk
kata

Post by kata »

This frog is very Intellegent

:mrgreen:
cutefrog.jpg
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

I was once having a romantic stroll through an Austrian meadow wearing sandals when all of a sudden a slimy, boney creature slid inside my sandal under the arch of my foot then splattered under my foot.

Not a nice feeling! (Especially not for the frog!)
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

:ahhh!:
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

We have Eropean treefrogs here in the country. Its my favorite one. Nearby where I live there is an population of them. I have heard one there last spring.

http://waarneming.nl/soort/info/439?_popup=1

Alexander