My Birds

Forum rules
Same as all HTUK forums, be courteous, polite and tolerant, remember everyone is entitled to an opinion, even if you don't agree with it ;)
kata

My Birds

Post by kata »

I love birds, specially small ones,

If its rained I can see them bathing and splashing on top of the garage that backs into the bottom of my garden.
bathingbirds.jpg
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Re: My Birds

Post by Dave Brown »

Love it Kata icon_thumright
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by cordyman »

Love the splashing water in motion capture on the picture icon_thumleft icon_thumleft
flounder

Post by flounder »

Good one Kata. I've struggled to keep my bird baths in my garden topped up this summer.
I quite like watching a bird have a bath
Just re read that, I meant the sparrows :lol:
kata

Post by kata »

:lol: :lol: Flounder,

There were a lot more on there. In fact moments earlier loads of birds gatherd on the rooftop and arials accross the way. They looked really cool as they perched down one side of the roof and some down the other. I was thinking no, not already, not migrate time.

After that they all came to the garage top to bathe. I opened the door as quiet as possible and some flew but some stayed I waited for them shaking and washing wings in the water. Its fantastic show when there are lots more than in the image. Also a long lense would have done better but I am happy.

Thanks Dave, Cordy and flounder!!

icon_sunny
Clive60

Post by Clive60 »

Nice pic Kata, the only birds migrating back this month will be Swifts and they won't land anywhere until they come back next Spring.
kata

Post by kata »

Thanks Clive,

We saw a mega amount of birds flying off somewhere last year, could they be Starlings?

icon_cheers
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

Thats Lovely Kata, i love to watch the birds, except the Magpies icon_rambo I chase them..
kata

Post by kata »

Thanks Dee,

Yea, Pigeons and Doves are a menace. Its a shame, they are God's creatures but steal where they can off small birds.

I have seen a Dove (regular visitor) try to land on a peg of my bird feeder, only to scare its self silly as the feeder rocked from the bird's weight. :lol:

Pigeons are just flying rats.
Conifers

Post by Conifers »

Starlings and House Sparrows in the pic.
Clive60 wrote:Nice pic Kata, the only birds migrating back this month will be Swifts and they won't land anywhere until they come back next Spring.
Quite a lot of other birds heading south now, mainly waders. A lot of adult Cuckoos are already back in Africa, too.
kata

Post by kata »

Thanks as always to Conifers for the I.D, Also Flounder for the Sparrows,

So those that are already gone Conifers do you think they know 'something' we don't..weather?

Not seen any trees as yet with fruit.

:mrgreen:
Conifers

Post by Conifers »

kata wrote:So those that are already gone Conifers do you think they know 'something' we don't..weather?
Nope, just usual migration timing
kata wrote:Not seen any trees as yet with fruit.
Cherries have finished now (though at least up here, it was a poor crop this year)
kata

Post by kata »

Thanks!

The trees I was thinking of are the Rowan, last year they were early berries.

:mrgreen:
Conifers

Post by Conifers »

Rowans are just starting to turn orange now, so they'll be red soon. Which is sad as that means the end of summer.
kata

Post by kata »

Yes thats true,

I'll take notice when I go out today as I pass loads of trees along the way.

Autumn...shudders n shivers. I just hope its a much better winter this time.

icon_cheers