Early Autumnal Picture

Forum rules
Same as all HTUK forums, be courteous, polite and tolerant, remember everyone is entitled to an opinion, even if you don't agree with it ;)
huporhaha

Early Autumnal Picture

Post by huporhaha »

I took this photo today of a toadstool (fungus) growing under some conifers and this little fellow popped out to say hello - he was tiny - as you can see in relation to the fallen pine needles.........
Attachments
DSCN3408 copy.jpg
GREVILLE

Re: Early Autumnal Picture

Post by GREVILLE »

Super pic icon_thumleft

Saw my first Autumn glow today at the other end of the country. Driving just outside Chichester a whole row of Rowan trees above a long hedgerow were absolutely laden down with huge bunches of deep orange berries. Never seen so many on display - a wonderful example of our own homegrown native exotica.

It more than made up for not having the time to visit two worthy suppliers of exotics in the area, Architectural Plants and Big Plants Nursery
huporhaha

Post by huporhaha »

Seems like Autumn is coming early up here Greville - field mushrooms all over the place - I mowed my breakfast off by mistake last week :oops: I know it is fairly warm down south, but we have averaged about 12C below temps for Dorset - I think I need some warmth..............
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

I have never see one of them before.
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

Get yourself darn sarf asap! A nice 21C even here in North Yorkshire today. I honestly couldn't put up with your temperatures no matter how glorious the country.
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
Clive60

Post by Clive60 »

The Rowans here are almost bending over with berries and are spectacular in the sun but it has reached 22c today so not quite autumnal.
kata

Post by kata »

Dark in here,
I mowed my breakfast off by mistake last week
Steph, that looked so funny....... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rowans in full force with berries here too, I won't say it, Conifers will get me... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: