Diplodocus longus

Forum rules
Same as all HTUK forums, be courteous, polite and tolerant, remember everyone is entitled to an opinion, even if you don't agree with it ;)
kata

Diplodocus longus

Post by kata »

Wow, I saw this humungus monster of a Dinosaur this morning on Sky Breakfast Television.

Would I love to see it..yes of course.

The 55ft-long specimen of the long-necked Diplodocus longus which last roamed the Earth more than 150 million years ago is believed to be the first sale of a large dinosaur skeleton at a UK auction.

The skeleton will be auctioned as part of the Evolution Sale, which is being curated by natural history expert and author Errol Fuller, at Summers Place Auctions in Billingshurst, West Sussex.

Mr Fuller said the skeleton could appeal to one of the emerging museums in the Far East or Middle East, or as a private showpiece to someone of great wealth.

Someone Royal then. :mrgreen:

Once sold the dinosaur will be shipped to..

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/445409 ... the-hammer

icon_cheers icon_cheers
dino

Re: Diplodocus longus

Post by dino »

Bet it will end up in some rich persons garden rather than a museum. Even the one in the Natural History museum is only a plastic replica
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

I'd get it for my dogs but the bones won't be juicy if they're that old :)
Conifers

Post by Conifers »

It'll probably get lost in the post.
kata

Post by kata »

dino

Post by dino »

OK I'll come clean, it's now in my garden :lol:
kata

Post by kata »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Kin I come n see it dino.... :lol: :lol:
dino

Post by dino »

Yes Kata but it's eaten all my plants :lol:
kata

Post by kata »

I wish but only sometimes Dino, I could be time traveled to when Dinosaurs were alive and walking around...wow!!

Imagine meeting one round a corner in an angry rage, they would have made 'Angry Birds' look like Doves.

It must have been hard work carrying all those bones and the long neck but graceful like the Giraffe, did the Giraffe evolve from the Dinosaurs?

Fantastic creature creations!

Damn it eating the plants...... :lol: :lol: