Rust on Zonals.

Rust on Zonals.

Postby durnovaria » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:21 pm

Hi all.I am having a bad year with rust infection on my Zonal pelargoniums or Geraniums as i prefer to call them :P .It is worse on seed raised vars that i grew on for a second season.These have started to infect some of my coloured leaf vars that i grow from cuttings.

Does anyone know if any vars are resistant?.Frank Headley seems clean at the moment for instance.I have read that scented leaf and Ivy leafs dont get it but i dont know myself.I could switch to these if needed.

I have not sprayed them against the disease at all as i could not find a product that gave control.Any ideas....
durnovaria

Re: Rust on Zonals.

Postby durnovaria » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:50 pm

Bringing this one back to update.I threw out most of my plug cuttings early winter as the rust was getting worse.Frank Headley is still clean so could be resistant.Most of the dumped plants were seed raised that i had hoped to grow onto large two year plants.I have kept a few plants of other coloured leaf vars in the hope that they will come through.Contrast,Happy thought,and Mrs Pollock spring to mind.Heres hoping.
durnovaria

Postby charliepridham » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:54 am

Frank Headly is the only zonal we grow (just for us) the rest are scented leaved or species and we dont seem to get rust.
Charlie, Growing climbers in Cornwall http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk
charliepridham

Postby durnovaria » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:20 pm

charliepridham wrote: the rest are scented leaved or species and we dont seem to get rust.

Agreed on the scented leaved vars.They do seem to stay clean.I havent grown species ones myself,must try some.It would be good to hear if others have grown any that seem to be resistant.
durnovaria

Return to Members Information Area (public)