Been Shopping. Show your Knicnacks in your garden thread.

Deedee

Been Shopping. Show your Knicnacks in your garden thread.

Post by Deedee »

Homebase has a 20% off gardening sale this weekend, even if the items are allready reduced, so i looked online last night and saw these solar lanterns, reduced from £24.99 to £12.49 then £9.99 with the 20% 0ff, so i reserved the last 3 in the shop :mrgreen:
I know there's more men than women members here and probably dont appreciate nick nacks but i love them :lol:
I looked into there very small garden centre but didn't see one single plant i wanted :( maybe its a bit early (or cold) to order them in yet, i also found the plants they did have a bit expensive..

Solar floor lamps..

As TKMax (I love TKM) was nearby i had a wonder around there garden department and loved this lantern at £9.99 and metal table at £24.99, wouldn,t a fern or similar look good inside the table? If the weather doesen't change and we have another bad summer, at least ill have plenty knicknacks :mrgreen:

Last edited by Deedee on Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
kata

Re: Been Shopping.

Post by kata »

Love em Dee,

Like you my nicknacks matter to me, mine is lighting.

I just bought some new, very different than what I usually buy. These not only are for pots and pathways but table lighting. What you do is put them in the sun and they light up your barbie table in the evening.

Four in the pack, quite heavy. I want another set..or two..or.. :lol: :lol:

I see yours are for holding a candle, they will look nice, nicer still with the bargain price. Homebase is always late with their plants then wonder why they end up in the sales.

Enjoy your new nicknacks Dee!!
Attachments
lighting.jpg
lighting.jpg (10.65 KiB) Viewed 3937 times
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

I haven't a clue where in the garden they are going Kata :roll: but ill find the perfect spot :mrgreen: The 3 lanterns from Homebase are solar, I hope we get enough sunshine to charge them..
Yours are lovely. do you have an idea where there going?
Dim

Post by Dim »

some poundland specials:
http://www.poundland.co.uk/product-rang ... gardening/
tropicalwon

Post by tropicalwon »

Very nice nicknacks & a very good price Dee icon_thumleft

A fern would look great in the table.........
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

I love that table Dee, a large evergreen gern planted at the base would be a superb feature even if you don't use the table as a table per se.

I love garden nick nacks but find it difficult to pick things up that will suit my theme. Maybe we need a thread on here, similar to the hanging basket thread, where we can share ideas and inspiration as well as suppliers.

;)
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

Thanks Tropicalwon and Dim, ill check out your link, I love Poundland..
Thanks Gogs, what a good idea, TKMax had a great Buddah Head £19.99, it was very heavy, the sort you screw onto walls or fences but i had spent enough today, anyway i couldn't lift it :mrgreen: must of been made of concrete..

Last edited by Deedee on Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trudytropics

Post by Trudytropics »

Lovely things Deedee, especially those solar lights, never seen anything like those before. Costco had similar tables in today, nice and very different. Bet you can't wait for weather to improve to find a home for your treasures :D
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Deedee wrote:Thanks Tropicalwon and Dim, ill check out your link, I love Poundland..
Thanks Gogs, what a good idea, TKMax had a great Buddah Head £19.99, it was very heavy, the sort you screw onto walls or fences but i had spent enough today, anyway i couldn't lift it :mrgreen: must of been made of concrete..
I'll check those out Dee, might be ideal to fix to my fence and let the Cematis grow around it.

;)
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

GoggleboxUK wrote:
Deedee wrote:Thanks Tropicalwon and Dim, ill check out your link, I love Poundland..
I'll check those out Dee, might be ideal to fix to my fence and let the Cematis grow around it.

;)
Found a pic Gogs, added above but here it is again as prob posted at the same time..
These are from here, the same as TXmax Buddah heads..
http://www.geoffs-garden-ornaments.co.uk/buddhas.html#

Thanks Trudy, Ill find somewhere to put them :mrgreen: I wish i bought the Buddah head :mrgreen:
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

Dim wrote:some poundland specials:
http://www.poundland.co.uk/product-rang ... gardening/
Dim i bought 2 packets of Ismene bulbs and some bulbs for the front garden weeks ago, I quite fancy the Trigridia, I love Poundland icon_thumleft
kata

Re: Been Shopping. Show your Nicnacks in your garden thread.

Post by kata »

Charged and on the inside of the window going through the colours Dee,

They can go in pots, window boxes and light up the path to your door.

icon_cheers
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

kata wrote:Charged and on the inside of the window going through the colours Dee,

They can go in pots, window boxes and light up the path to your door.

icon_cheers
I just went into the kitchen Kata and the lanterns are flickering 8)
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

I have only bought dahlia tubers and a few canna seeds so far. Normally I would have bought a lot more but the weather is just putting me off. I do fancy getting a few flame type lanterns/candles this year and a fire pit.
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
Trudytropics

Post by Trudytropics »

Deedee which TK Max did you visit?, fancy those buddha heads, I have a wall they would fit on, particularly like the gold one :D