HTUK Forum Post Rates

Dave Brown
Site Admin

HTUK post rates from start to date- lol

Post by Dave Brown »

We have a post count which records the number of new posts per day. I have been meaning to add this for some time, but only just got around to it.

Initially the forum was a method for people to talk to me about the website, but evolved into a small group of people talking to each other about exotic plants. it all started back in June 2006, and only had a handful of members by the end of the year. Numbers started to increase during the early part of 2007 and by June 2007 the post rate had started to pick up topping 25 posts a day :shock: During the summer the membership rates were rising slowly but posting started to tail off as the growing season waned.

Then in October 2007, things really took off with a flood of new members who were complete chatterboxes :lol: and the post rate went through the roof. There have been some busier and quieter times since then the the average has a slightly upward Trend :D

I am working on monthly graph based on posts per day :wink:
HTUK Post Rates to date.jpg
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Re: HTUK post rates Jun -Dec 2007

Post by Dave Brown »

Here are the daily post rates for Jun - Dec 2007, still quite a modest little forum until Oct :shock: icon_salut :wink:
HTUK Post Rates Jun 2007.jpg
HTUK Post Rates Jul 2007.jpg
HTUK Post Rates Aug 2007.jpg
HTUK Post Rates Sep 2007.jpg
HTUK Post Rates Oct 2007.jpg
HTUK Post Rates Nov 2007.jpg
HTUK Post Rates Dec 2007.jpg
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Re: HTUK post rates from start to date- lol

Post by Gaz »

Interesting to see how its grown. And the sudden growth from October 07.
:lol: icon_cheers

Roll on the next 12 months
Dave Brown
Site Admin

HTUK Forum Post Rates

Post by Dave Brown »

It has been mentioned a couple of times recently that we are getting quite a few posts now. This information is on the members area and aslo daily by month, but this is the history of HTUK posts since Aido created it in June 2006 :wink:
HTUK Posts to Oct 2008.jpg
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Re: HTUK Forum Post Rates

Post by themes »

you are going to need a bigger server at this rate. Must be a good tonic to see this forum grow and become more popular in turn giving more diverse opinions, better advice and feedback and generally a better forum. Long may it continue icon_cheers
Don

Post by Don »

That's interesting info Dave. Does it show the degree of Boredom/Enthusiasm as the year progresses--probably not but perhaps the more lurid posts generate greater responses---The Mark Hall/Melissa thong contest springs to mind :ahhh!:
Melissa

Post by Melissa »

Don wrote:That's interesting info Dave. Does it show the degree of Boredom/Enthusiasm as the year progresses--probably not but perhaps the more lurid posts generate greater responses---The Mark Hall/Melissa thong contest springs to mind :ahhh!:
Do you think thats why there was a little rise on the chart back in April /May :D

Melissa
Guy

Post by Guy »

Dave, that's an incredible success story. Well done to you and Aide!

I was going to post my own thong pictures, but don't want to make Melissa feel bad, or overload the server :lol:
Melissa

Post by Melissa »

Guy wrote:Dave, that's an incredible success story. Well done to you and Aide!

I was going to post my own thong pictures, but don't want to make Melissa feel bad, or overload the server :lol:
Guy, please feel free to post your pic's you won't make me feel bad :D it might cheer me up :( I need a laugh :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sure the server will cope icon_thumleft

Melissa
Petefree

Post by Petefree »

I just hope this is 'thongs' in the Australian sense (i.e. flip-flops)
Not that I'm into feet or anything, I hasten to add!
Pete :lol:
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Petefree wrote:I just hope this is 'thongs' in the Australian sense (i.e. flip-flops)
No need to be coy, they meant it as it is, thong, the underwear with a string running between the bum crack and along the hips and a piece of small fabric hiding the goodies :lol: :lol: :lol:

We ought to have a calendar!

It's nice to see the growth rate in a graph btw icon_king The forum's growing indeed but I'm sure the current server can still cope :D
Last edited by MarkD on Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Petefree

Post by Petefree »

MarkD wrote:
Petefree wrote:I just hope this is 'thongs' in the Australian sense (i.e. flip-flops)
No need to be coy, they meant it as it is, thong, the underwear with a string running between the bum crack and a piece of small fabric hiding the goodies :lol: :lol: :lol:

We ought to have a calendar!
:shock: I don't want to see any calendar that features underwear capacious enough to conceal Bill Oddie, Graeme Garden and Tim Brooke-Taylor! :lol:

edit: Lord knows why I put Tim Rice instead of Bill Oddie - I'm at a funny age though...
Last edited by Petefree on Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

I can tell we are decending into winter...., as soon as it is dark the thongs are out :lol:

back to the topic :lol:

It is interesting. We know there was a major influx of members in late October 2007 so the rapid rise in October/November was due to that. It tails off over winter as there is very little gardening going on. It is mainly banter, and talking about what we intend to do. From March to May is everyone talking about their purchases and planting up. We aslo had Akamba, Amulree, UJ, and Melissa visits in that period. Summer dips as mainly talking about growth rates, or lack of them :lol: Weather etc. as we move into autunm there are more questions like " I bought this, how the hell do I overwinter it" :ahhh!: Of course membership has rissen over the period as well, swelling the posts.

Don, the Arundo Donax topic, inocently started by Daz, did generate quite a few posts in November 2007, as well as a giggle over the darker months when we all need cheering up :lol:

All in all we have become more diverse over the period, I have leaned a lot, and have tried plants I have never even thought of growing before, thanks to all you posters icon_thumleft
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by Petefree »

Dave Brown wrote:I have leaned a lot
:shock:

I'm prepared to lean if it will get me leaves as big as the ones in your garden Dave!
:wink: icon_salut
Mark

Post by Mark »

But will you pose in a thong Pete? :lol:

The longest running threads are usually nothing to do with plants.......more of a rude context, Just goes to show what a load of Purvys we have on here :lol: