Message from Forum Admin and Moderators

Dave Brown
Site Admin

Message from Forum Admin and Moderators

Post by Dave Brown »

It was brought to our attention by a member of another forum that abusive comments have been added to the picture gallery of an ex UKO moderator. We have followed this up and although no proof of who wrote them as written as 'Guest', we need to clarify the position of Hardy Tropicals (HTUK).

Hardy Tropicals Forum Admin and Moderators are unanimous in condemning this kind of activity. The Ethos of Hardy Tropicals is "Fairness, Justice, Tolerance and Harmony" Some of the comments written on the picture gallery were unfair, as written anonymously..... were unjust as were plain abusive, were totally intolerant of nationality, and served no useful purpose. As was said there is no proof at this point as to who wrote the comments. but clearly such posts would not be tolerated on this forum.

The official position of this forum is. Everyone has the right to belong to whatever forums they choose without prejudice, and we bear no malice to any former or current UKO member or moderator.

If any member is found to be involved in this type of activity, the disciplinary procedure will be invoked.

Best Regards,
Dave Brown,
Forum Admin
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Re: Message from Forum Admin and Moderators

Post by jungle jas »

I may be a bit dim but whats UKO. icon_scratch
Trudytropics

Post by Trudytropics »

I don't know icon_scratch , but as this happened 3 years ago, i'm not going to lose any sleep over it :)
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

It wasn't me.

I can't imagine anyone here would do such a thing either.

I'm sorry to hear that someone has fallen victim of personal trolling though, that's always a disgusting practise and akin to cyber bullying, which is something I also despise.
kata

Post by kata »

Three years ago.....strange

Why has it been brought from the archives... icon_scratch icon_scratch

It was'nt me either, I hav'nt been here three years.
grub

Post by grub »

UKO was the original large forum, UK Oasis run by Paul Spraklin and it's where we all met up before HTUK took off. If you go back through the member list you'll see there was a large intake within a short period of time, this was when Paul shut down UKO and everyone needed a new home. Dave was already set up and the rest is history, there was a fair bit of bad feeling though and it's that that led to a fair bit of negative posting and trolling in the early days :>beard<: .
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Thanks Grub.

When it was written everyone knew what UKO was, but we have moved on quite a way since then.
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright