Your daily weather blog -June 2011 onward

otorongo

Re: Your daily weather blog -June 2011 onward

Post by otorongo »

Exotic Life wrote:Don't understand me wrong but I am not here to compete with others, and specially not Londen, I just post the actual weather like the blog says.
I'm not accusing you of cheating, it's your government that is cheating. Our government is cheating too, but less than yours.

There is the real time - determined by the position of the sun in the sky - and there is the cheated, government-imposed time.

My solar noon is at 12:10, which means when it's 'astronomical' 12:00 (the real midday, i.e. when the sun is at its highest point in the sky) our government wants us to believe it's 12:10.

Your solar noon - assuming you're not far from The Hague longitudinally - is at 12:52.

Your '13:00' temps are actually 12:08 temps. My '13:00' temps are in reality 12:50 temps. Temps are usually higher at 12:50 than 12:08, so you're 'disadvantaged' in the sense that your posts may make it appear as if your location is cooler than it actually is - at least to those who are unaware of the differences.

Of course the same applies to people within the UK, albeit to a lesser extent - the sun rises (and starts warming the Earth) later for those on the West Coast than those on the East Coast, yet our clocks show the same time.
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Today was dry & sunny for most of the day but clouded over late in the afternoon...

Yesterdays High: 17.4C
Last Nights Low: 15.3C
Todays High: 17.9C

@ 21:00

Current temp.: 15.4C
Humidity: 87%
Dew Point: 13.3C
Pressure: 1010.2 mb
Wind: NE 18.0 km/h
Rainfall 24hr: 0.0 mm
otorongo

Post by otorongo »

Today's high: 18.6C
Last night's low: 7.7C

In my garden it reached 21C though... And the most sheltered spot reached 26C.

Current temp at 21:35: 11.6C
cheshirepalms
Location: Ellesmere Port, Mersey estuary, Cheshire 53.2N 2.8W

Post by cheshirepalms »

Not a good few days in comparison to the south, with subdued temperatures, but still ok and at least dry. Bit more of a breeze today, and some sunny spells, high 13.2c, overnight low 8.2c ( mildest for some time ). Currently breezy and mainly cloudy and 10.8c.
harryc

Post by harryc »

otorongo wrote:Today's high: 18.6C
Last night's low: 7.7C

In my garden it reached 21C though... And the most sheltered spot reached 26C.

Current temp at 21:35: 11.6C
26C in a sheltered spot what's the point of posting that, it's a bit like under my cloche it got to......

H
harryc

Post by harryc »

BTW forgot to post it got to 17C here, very nice indeed for mid March.
Arlon Tishmarsh

Post by Arlon Tishmarsh »

16.9 deg and a very pleasant sunny day. Already 12 deg plus this morning @ 9am and sunny blues.

Reached 160 deg in a sheltered part of my garden yesterday................ icon_thumleft

.........................under the bbq lid, steaks were loverly ...... :lol:
otorongo

Post by otorongo »

harryc wrote:26C in a sheltered spot what's the point of posting that, it's a bit like under my cloche it got to......
Because I have plants there and there is no ugly, bee- and rain-stopping cloche over them.
So it counts as a real, 'natural' microclimate that I have and some of my plants can benefit from. As can I (without UV loss) :)

All our gardens are sheltered to an extent, so posting readings from gardens is posting readings from sheltered spots.
Last edited by otorongo on Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

On the other hand it remains cold and cloudy here with a biting wind and temperatures in single figures. Very uncharacteristic for spells like this that we come out with the worst weather. Not much change here either for the foreseeable future and possibly getting colder. I'd love to be in the south right now..!
otorongo

Post by otorongo »

Arlon Tishmarsh wrote:Reached 160 deg in a sheltered part of my garden yesterday................ icon_thumleft

.........................under the bbq lid, steaks were loverly ...... :lol:
That doesn't count unless it was a solar BBQ ;)

It was 15C here at 9:20am :) (in the garden, that is)

Currently 21.8C at 13:05, and not a cloud in the sky icon_sunny icon_cheers I'm baking in the sun in a corner that is 27C right now.

I remember the March 2012 mini-heatwave, but this is even better being earlier in the month, we must be beating some kind of record...

Feeling sorry for the North, but you'll get this weather too, eventually... hope it happens before July ;)

Yeah the outlook is not that good, but no chance of frost here and as long as there is sunshine it should still be nice in the sun.

Edit: 23C in the garden at 14:36.
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

You are meant to take your temperature readings in the shade icon_thumright :lol:

Here in Malta today not quite as warm as the subtropics of London but nice & sunny...

Last Nights Low: 12.4C
Todays High: 18.5C

@ 16:10

Current temp.: 17.9C
Humidity: 76%
Dew Point: 13.6C
Pressure: 1009.9 mb
Wind: WNW 10.0 km/h
Rainfall 24hr: 0.0 mm
UV Index: 5
otorongo

Post by otorongo »

Nathan wrote:You are meant to take your temperature readings in the shade icon_thumright :lol:
I do take them in the shade :)

Maybe you should move back to England if you're a heat-lover ;)
cheshirepalms
Location: Ellesmere Port, Mersey estuary, Cheshire 53.2N 2.8W

Post by cheshirepalms »

Mainly cloudy with a breeze, although slightly lighter than yesterday. High 13.8c, overnight low 7.8c, currently its 11.7c. Glad everyone down south is enjoying some sun a least, although I can live with days like this in mid March. :happy:
Arlon Tishmarsh

Post by Arlon Tishmarsh »

Another very pleasant , sunny day.

Max .........18.3 deg icon_sunny icon_sunny
billdango

Post by billdango »

Warm and sunny on Saturday and Sunday. icon_sunny

Maximum on Saturday in my side entrance was +19c.

And the maximum on Sunday was +22c.

Plus i saw the first small white butterfly yesterday while sat in my side entrance enjoying a mug of tea and a whole pkt of chocolate digestives :D :D

billdango icon_sunny