Exotic killing cold 7th Feb

redsquirrel

Re: Exotic killing cold 7th Feb

Post by redsquirrel »

not here it isnt.this time last night we were just around 0,then a steady drop to -6 at 7am. tonight its already -4 and falling slowly but surely
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
kohwoz

Post by kohwoz »

To be honest, I think some of you guys are worrying too much with the cold. It has been a whole lot worse in eastern Europe. You will not get it any worse from now on. It's becoming warmer here after the weekend. Now it's -5 here and by Monday it will be 2 deg and a low of -4 in the night.

My fortunei's are frozen solid here, but I doubt any of your winter hard palms will have any problems at all. We had it well below Zero for over 2 weeks now.

I really think that the uk has been mild this winter in all honesty.. It will only get better.
flounder

Post by flounder »

Kohwoz, we know we're nowhere as bad as mainland europe.....we just like to moan and groan about how bad the weather is for US! passes the time away during winter icon_thumright
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

kohwoz wrote:To be honest, I think some of you guys are worrying too much with the cold. It has been a whole lot worse in eastern Europe. You will not get it any worse from now on. It's becoming warmer here after the weekend. Now it's -5 here and by Monday it will be 2 deg and a low of -4 in the night.

My fortunei's are frozen solid here, but I doubt any of your winter hard palms will have any problems at all. We had it well below Zero for over 2 weeks now.

I really think that the uk has been mild this winter in all honesty.. It will only get better.
See how you react to cold next year, it's the paranoia acceleration that happens after you've gone through it the year before.

I had -19 last year so I am allowed to worry. However, I do think Flounder moans too much.
kohwoz

Post by kohwoz »

GoggleboxUK wrote:
kohwoz wrote:To be honest, I think some of you guys are worrying too much with the cold. It has been a whole lot worse in eastern Europe. You will not get it any worse from now on. It's becoming warmer here after the weekend. Now it's -5 here and by Monday it will be 2 deg and a low of -4 in the night.

See how you react to cold next year, it's the paranoia acceleration that happens after you've gone through it the year before.

I had -19 last year so I am allowed to worry. However, I do think Flounder moans too much.
I know what you mean mate, it was -20 last year, but didn't hang around as long as this year. Reaction was the same as this year.
There is a lot of moaning for sure. Be alreet next week. Looks like the nasty weather's staying down southern Europe next week. They say it will be -30 down in Munich in the next few days.

Normal winter weather, or polar shift :lol:
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Has it held up your house build or are you at first fix stage now?
Delboy

Post by Delboy »

I haven't checked how low it went here last nite but at 6.30 this morning it was -5.5

It's currently -1.5, but all the weather sites are saying it us going to start warming up throughout the nite.
No minus temps due next week icon_cheers
kohwoz

Post by kohwoz »

GoggleboxUK wrote:Has it held up your house build or are you at first fix stage now?
Yes 100% only 2 days work done since the beginning of january. Hopefully we start with the roof slates on Monday as it will be above freezing apparently. Germans don't seem to like working when it drop belows -2 in the Day Time. Wish that they Would get a move on before the end of the World in Dec 2012 :lol:
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

At least you know they work efficiently when they do turn up though, not like British builders who need a tea break every couple of hours.

I hope the weather lets them get back to work soon, keep that build blog updated.

;)
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

Worth considering that 2011 was on of the mildest ever in the UK. This winter has been very mild until Feb. For me the world is warming and this is causing extreme weather so when it gets cold we see temps like we just have as opposed to average temps.
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
collins99

Post by collins99 »

It's +4.8 here tonight with a low of 4.0 predicted .....

Nick....
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

It's looking great here as we move into next week

Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

It's warming up now. Creeping up to 2 degrees.
jezza

Post by jezza »

Lingering around -9c here but bbc are showing the clouds rolling in around midnight and temps to start rising. No minuses for the next 5 days so fingers crossed we get back to the milder stuff.
Conifers

Post by Conifers »

Up to +3.5° here