Nice weather!!

Conifers

Nice weather!!

Post by Conifers »

We complain about ours, but at least we don't get this . . .

The Codfather

Re: Nice weather!!

Post by The Codfather »

Just a breeze in the park......... :lol:
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
Trudytropics

Post by Trudytropics »

Good grief :shock: , to think we complain about the weather.
Troppoz

Post by Troppoz »

We can get severe cyclones here with winds over 300km/hr, but give me that anyday over a tornado :shock:

A cyclone you have plenty of warning to prepare and be safe, these things just literally appear out of thin air and if you cant get to safety youre pretty much screwed :(

Still Id love to see one...from afar.....
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

There is a chance (although difficult with 3 days of March left), that we could break the all time March mean for this location. It currently sits at 10.0C, which is bizarre for March! Not too far behind April 2011 actually.
jreinhar

Post by jreinhar »

I grew up in Toledo, Ohio, which is located at the end of a broad valley opening onto Lake Erie. Tornadoes roll down the Maumee Valley like bowling balls several times a year, usually in late spring.

I can't tell you how many times I sat with my family in the basement, or when we didn't have one, in a windowless closet. You sit and wait and wonder if the house will explode around you. The only warning is the sound of a freight train bearing down on your hiding place.

The worst was when my parents got caught by a series of twisters while driving us to McDonald's for lunch. We kept trying to find a Church or some other shelter, encountering one down tree and power lines. I remember my french fries congealing in my terrified five-year-old fist.

This season there were outbreaks of tornadoes throughout the Midwest in late February -- in winter! Well, that's one more price of global warming, I guess.