Below average for the forseeable future

stephenprudence

Below average for the forseeable future

Post by stephenprudence »

I'm not sure I like this.. it's easy to dismiss this by saying it's only April, but I'm well to aware that the Northern blocking is by far the most stubborn blocking pattern in the north Atlantic. This could spell big trouble for those wanting any warmth for the long term future. Almost certain the rest of April and going into May is going to be dominated by a very cool (and frosty inland) and wet regime. As for summer, my original thoughts were that is was going to be very cool, and wet, more so than 2007.. and at this stage I stand by that, largely due to the northern blocking signals which are extremely robust.

The summer would be catastrophic for plants needed a Mediterranean type climate to survive, but would be good for tree ferns and moisture, cool loving plants. One thing is for sure, choosing exotic plants that are suitable for our climate in recently becoming very difficult with exceptionally dry winter/spring, and a much wetter, cooler summer.

It is conceivable that many bedding plants may not be able to be planted out until well into June due to recurring frost. I can't remember having to plant that late before. Usually late April is the time to do it around here!
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Re: Below average for the forseeable future

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

I had a feeling you were gonna say this. :(
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

How did this thread duplicate? :shock: I didn't even double post
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

No idea. The only people able to copy a topic are admin, but that copies all the posts. icon_scratch icon_scratch icon_scratch
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright