Finally warming up?

Tom2006

Finally warming up?

Post by Tom2006 »

The weather models are predicting a relatively warmer week although still wet for many of us, but there is now a strong hint of some 20C+ temperatures by next weekend, although sadly it doesn't look like lasting. But something to look forward to all the same icon_thumleft

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Recm1681.html
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
kata

Re: Finally warming up?

Post by kata »

And another thread is thinking -5 for someone Tom,

I can say it was probably a little cold last night but its been a lovely day here.

icon_cheers
Exotic Life

Post by Exotic Life »

Based on this run, maybe even possible 25C temperatures in Belgium and Southern Holland. I will see because it's far way but even 17-18C with sunshine for a few days in a row would be great after such start of spring.
billdango

Post by billdango »

The high pressure seems to be building over the continent as it is going to get very warm in France and Germany by Wednesday.

Unfortunately we are just on the northern edge of this good weather so what this means for us and the low countries as well is strong South West to North West winds and bands of heavy rain.

The only good thing about this is slightly warmer days?But it probably won't feel much different due to the strong winds.

I think Holland will do better then us though as you are slightly nearer to the higher pressure then we are.

rgds billdango icon_thumleft
Conifers

Post by Conifers »

So we might perhaps start to approach the temperatures we reached in late March, a month and a half later??

Wow! (I don't think!!)
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Conifers wrote:So we might perhaps start to approach the temperatures we reached in late March, a month and a half later??

Wow! (I don't think!!)
yes but your temps of late March were 6 weeks early :wink: I haven't had any really warm days this year, with a highest of 18.4C so far.
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by kata »

Just been out to photograph my main Acer and its quite cold now,

Probably freeze a bit tonight...just as my Lillies are in bud....argeeeeeeeee
Exotic Life

Post by Exotic Life »

UKMO and EC hold the high pressure more east then GFS with mean Holland will be on the cool side as well. Proberly 1 or 2 days temperatures going to 20C and then we are back on track like the weather is now. So in this case I will choose GFS. :)
Conifers

Post by Conifers »

Dave Brown wrote:
Conifers wrote:So we might perhaps start to approach the temperatures we reached in late March, a month and a half later??

Wow! (I don't think!!)
yes but your temps of late March were 6 weeks early :wink: I haven't had any really warm days this year, with a highest of 18.4C so far.
The late March temps were well above even the July average.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

The highs seem to be meandering into better positions , the ingredients are there for the long hot summer , what will June bring I wonder.
Exotic Life

Post by Exotic Life »

Nigel wrote:The highs seem to be meandering into better positions , the ingredients are there for the long hot summer , what will June bring I wonder.
30th of June we have outside party here in hawai theme because my mom and dad celebrating there 50th birthday and my sister celebrate there 22th birthday this June. That day has to be dry and sunny and it would be even greater when it's warm to get more that hawai feeling. :)

Warm and great weather during the european champion ship would be great as well, Tour de France, etc. Remembering Holland against Brasil 2 years ago very well, we won and it was very hot during that day. Incredible atmosphere and time after that 90 minutes... hmmm I'm just looking forward to a warm and long summer... :lol: :lol:
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

I've lost interest in will it or won't it...

it will for me because I'm off to Greece on Wednesday!
flounder

Post by flounder »

Have a nice time Stephen. Don't forget the photos icon_thumright
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

stephenprudence wrote:I've lost interest in will it or won't it...

it will for me because I'm off to Greece on Wednesday!
Lucky barsteward! Athens has highs of 33C forecast next week!
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

Ill be sure to take many photos. Hope so, could be a few tasty thunderstorms too if the low pressure moves in from the Aegean! icon_thumleft