Next week's weather

ourarka

Next week's weather

Post by ourarka »

A direct quote from the BBC website - just wondering how much truth the guys in the know on this website saw in it?

"Monday 18 June—Sunday 24 June

Pressure rising in the south

A northwest / southeast split may start to develop with pressure beginning to rise over England and Wales bringing more settled conditions"
tropical Tom

Re: Next week's weather

Post by tropical Tom »

Didn't see it, nor am I any sort of expert but I've just looked at the jetstream prediction, it does show some improvement, but more particularly towards the end of that week and into the following week. Fingers crossed :D
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Yep as I said a couple of days ago its going to get better and signs are really positive now for better weather next week.
Adam D

Post by Adam D »

ourarka wrote:A direct quote from the BBC website - just wondering how much truth the guys in the know on this website saw in it?

"Monday 18 June—Sunday 24 June

Pressure rising in the south

A northwest / southeast split may start to develop with pressure beginning to rise over England and Wales bringing more settled conditions"
Great :(
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

There are strongly increasing signs on all weather models for much more settled weather and warmer/hotter conditions from the 20th (ish) onwards. The Jet stream looks like it will buckle or move north which will stop these terrible conditions for all of us. How warm it gets and how long it lasts is anyone's guess though. Basically, another week or horrible mess to get through, especially this weekend, and hopefully light will be at the end of the tunnel this time next week. icon_thumleft
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

I honestly do not see where they are getting this from, because if anything, it looks cool, and perhaps more settled than it has been, but temperature still below average. Wouldn't go as far as to say settled though.

Settled is an overused word I think in Meteorology, because just because you have high pressure doesn't mean it is settled. I'm pretty certain the unsettled, cool weather will continue, but that does not mean day after day of rain, it means a mix of sunshine and showers, and often rather cool.

It's becoming likely that for the first time of record, June will fail to reached a 20C at anytime during the month here? Not a very cool month though, just a persistently consistent month.
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

stephenprudence wrote:I honestly do not see where they are getting this from, because if anything, it looks cool, and perhaps more settled than it has been, but temperature still below average. Wouldn't go as far as to say settled though.

Settled is an overused word I think in Meteorology, because just because you have high pressure doesn't mean it is settled. I'm pretty certain the unsettled, cool weather will continue, but that does not mean day after day of rain, it means a mix of sunshine and showers, and often rather cool.

It's becoming likely that for the first time of record, June will fail to reached a 20C at anytime during the month here? Not a very cool month though, just a persistently consistent month.
It looks to be settling down to me and warming up, although nothing major.
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Big change on the weay for me, looks like fantastic weather next week.
ourarka

Post by ourarka »

Do tell more Nigel .......
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Massive high pressure building , could mean heat,sun and prolonged spell of divine weather.
It definitely means this crappe will be finished next weekend.
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Nigel wrote:Massive high pressure building , could mean heat,sun and prolonged spell of divine weather.
In the UK or on holiday?
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Yorkshire Kris wrote:
Nigel wrote:Massive high pressure building , could mean heat,sun and prolonged spell of divine weather.
In the UK or on holiday?
In the UK heat is a relative term :lol:
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

if today was anything to go by you are pretty close with this one Nige icon_thumright
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
otorongo

Post by otorongo »

It has improved for sure, but it's nowhere as good as Central/Eastern Europe, where it's 30-32C already.

I don't know about the models, but none of the 'regular' web forecasts have us for 30+.

It looks pretty miserable, with highs of 19-21C, which is below average.
billdango

Post by billdango »

Theres no good weather forcast for southampton this week or any week in the future.

If you want heat and sunshine head for eastern Europe because thats where its staying?

The good weather seems to extend from Berlin in the North to biarritz in South west France.

Everywhere to the North west of that line is staying mainly unsettled.

billdango :(