Another storm possible 21st/22nd June

Tom2006

Another storm possible 21st/22nd June

Post by Tom2006 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:59 pm

Just a very early warning, and hopefully it will change, but there are strong signals that there could be a very heavy rain/nasty storm/wind event 21st/22nd next week!! Other weather models show a (relatively) more settled outlook BUT its worth mentioning just in case. Sadly folks, although the temperatures look like rising a bit for many of us this week, there is no long term trend to settle down. icon_thumbdown
Last edited by Tom2006 on Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.

billdango

Re: Another storm possible 21st/22nd June

Post by billdango » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:10 pm

Yes Tom it looks like the South Coast is going to take another battering next week?

Thats the whats being talked about around here anyway.

Hopfully this storm will be further north but don't bank on it so lets wait and see.

It was so windy here today that a Ki-Wi friend of mine said that it reminds him of his home City of Wellington as the two climates of Southampton and Wellington are very similar.

So get those pot plants back under cover.

billdango. :(

kata

Post by kata » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:10 am

Wow,

It sure rained here around 9 last night. It seems to rain everyday just now. The temps are fine, sun comes out late evening but the rain.... :(

Great for nanas etc but flowers are just...swamped.

Need more... icon_sunny icon_sunny

jezza

Post by jezza » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:05 pm

Forecast nice proper summer weather here for the 21st and 22nd icon_scratch

Conifers

Post by Conifers » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:16 pm

jezza wrote:Forecast nice proper summer weather here for the 21st and 22nd icon_scratch
Forecast wet'n'windy weather here for the 21st and 22nd :x

billdango

Post by billdango » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:00 pm

Its going to be wet in Southampton this Thursday but I am not sure how windy its going to be?

Whatever happens I hope its not as bad as last week as my poor Basjoos need to regrow.

billdango :(

jezza

Post by jezza » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:27 am

The bbc forecast has changed for thursday but still only light rain. Friday dry and saturday light rain again. Be a little windy on friday but not massively windy.

Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:57 am

What I have seen is a slack low pressure trundling up the Irish sea with periods of rain, but not much wind, for Thursday, and showers on Friday.
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

jezza

Post by jezza » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:07 pm

Think i'll shut up from now on, bbc are now saying rain for thurs/fri/sat :roll:

Trudytropics

Post by Trudytropics » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:32 pm

My hubby is cursing, he and eldest son off to see Bruce Springstein at the Stadium of Light on Thursday, foolishly they were hoping for a warm balmy summers evening. Looks like it will be tipping it down, blutty typical. :roll:

Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:27 pm

thankfully looks like blustery winds heavy showers/rain but nothing severe....after that its not looking clever though in terms of summer weather icon_thumbdown icon_thumbdown icon_thumbdown icon_thumbdown
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.

photonbucket

Post by photonbucket » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:44 pm

Some thundery rain coming up from the SW. Looks quite nasty.

Humid and wet....shouldn't really complain!

Exotic Life

Post by Exotic Life » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:23 pm

Going to be heavy here tomorrow, the only question is where this time. Before the low pressure is coming temperatures can rise to 24-26C depending on where you live and how much room the sun is going to get.The last outputs from the models shown a convection line in the afternoon with could bring some weak thunderstorms already. The big outlook is later that day where a coldfront is coming trough. The last outputs shown possibilities for a squall line. Warnings for 40-50 mm of rain in a short time, big hail, and wind gusts up to 100 km per hour. It's switching every run, so tomorrow afternoon we will see when and where. Looks like after the cold front wind speeds can increasing during the night to much higher levels, specially the coast area's. UV Index going to be very high as well for our area as they predict with enough sun levels to 8.

I've to work tomorrow till 13.00 hours or so but for being sure it will put some potplants inside the greenhouse. The last few years several of this types of weather brought incredible damage to some places. Most of the time I was very lucky with only some heavy rain, even big hail to 5 cm only 15-20 kilometers away from here. Better be safe then crying afterwards for being so lazy.

I really hope it don't will be too heavy here. On the 30th of June we have a big party over here in hawai theme, so I can't use damage right now.

GREVILLE

Post by GREVILLE » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:56 pm

The potted nanas were outside today enjoying the calm before the storm. This evening under the very milky sunset they were put back in the greenhouse. i know tomorrow will be warm, wet and humid without too much wind, but I really don't fancy moving them in when they're twice as heavy through drowning nor to take them inside during a (forecasted) thunderstorm. It's the chill high winds on Friday I'm really trying to avoid.

billdango

Post by billdango » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:35 pm

Its just starting to rain here in ssouthampton.

The temperature got up to +22c today but the wind is just starting to increase.

Strong Easterlys are forcasted maybe changing to gale force South West tomorrow.

rgds billdango :(