North West on Severe Weather Warning Alert

GoggleboxUK

North West on Severe Weather Warning Alert

Post by GoggleboxUK »

The Environmental Agency have issued this warning due to the forecast of continuous heavy rain throughout Cheshire, Greater Manchester, Merseyside and Lancashire until Sunday evening:

:shock:
GoggleboxUK

Re: North West on Severe Weather Warning Alert

Post by GoggleboxUK »

All of these are within 3 to 20 miles of where I am :shock: This is Day One, it's not supposed to stop for another 2 days at least!

and this one is funny:

Northerneres eh? :lol:
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Kata's area:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-ma ... r-18555475

Just 3 miles away from me:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-la ... e-18557579
pdid

Post by pdid »

It`s not good, I said in another thread that yesterday was the most horrendous day I`d experienced in recent times. A deluge of heavy rain and wind lasting for at least 24 hours with no let ups.

The Yarrow at Croston has burst it`s banks this morning but luckily on to farmland rather than homes at the minute.

Fortunately my closest river, The Wyre has only amber warnings and mostly for further up stream. My house is inbetween the Irish sea and the River estuary. Not good.
kata

Post by kata »

Thats some serious flooding G thanks,

It never stopped here yesterday and I never went out. Gee whizz, I would hate to have to leave home through flooding.

My back garden took some flood not that much.

:(
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

We recorded 11.8mm of rain yesterday, hardly record breaking but for here it was quite significant. Only 15 miles away 30-40mm of rain was recorded.

The signs are that the summer has begun and will end on much the same note. This is pretty highly likely to be the coolest and wettest summer since (and if not surpassing) 2007.
Troppoz

Post by Troppoz »

My goodness its been all over the news here! Up to 100mm in 24 in some locations :shock: Now thats a significant fall even here in Darwin...

The flooding looks severe and unpredictable, streets turned into rivers, rivers breaking banks - frightening stuff...

Stay safe Goggs, Kata and everyone else in that location. Hope your gardens are spared the worst icon_thumleft
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

The river at Croston burst its banks this morning and boith pubs in the village were completely flooded with water needing to be pumped from the cellars.

Here, just 3 miles away, it's been dry all day and the sun has broken through for brief spells.

Unfortunately there are predictions for heavy rain again to come this evening with the possibility of more regional floods likely.
kata

Post by kata »

Thanks Sean, you stay safe too.

Managed to go to library, it started rain but did'nt even wet the pavement.

Was actually great to feel the breeze.

icon_cheers icon_cheers
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Some of the pictures make me realise how lucky I am to live in an area unlikely to be affected in any serious way:

They've had it bad in Minnesota, USA too:

kata

Post by kata »

It must be worldwide,

:(

We might be over the worst.
cheshirepalms
Location: Ellesmere Port, Mersey estuary, Cheshire 53.2N 2.8W

Post by cheshirepalms »

88 mm in 24 hours in the north west yesterday was the highest!
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

I think Joel was in the thick of it in Hebden Bridge. He had a garden open day as well. (Hope it went well Joel)