Im getting worried !!

dino

Re: Im getting worried !!

Post by dino »

We had it earlier in the day Deedee. It went black the same and poured. I was at B&Q and there was a river outside. All the staff were at the window like they'd never seen the like before :? . Strange times.
Trudytropics

Post by Trudytropics »

Husband is home icon_cheers 4and a half hours, he slumped through the door, wouldn't care he was only down the road really, yes could have walked it quicker Deedee, never mind he's tucked up on sofa with remote in one hand and whisky in the other, awwww bless :lol:
Conifers

Post by Conifers »

Deedee wrote:
Conifers wrote:'Bout the same here . . . hope it's drained away now!
Depressing isn't it Conifers, its times like this when i wish i had concreted the lot over :shock:
That'd make it even worse, the water would have nowhere to drain away!

See my pics of it all on this thread :shock:
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

apart from a few showers in the night,we didnt see any rain today.muggy and horrible tho icon_thumright
at least your new plantings will have had a good soaking of the finest water today icon_thumright
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
Delboy

Post by Delboy »

After the downpour, which left roads here under 8" of water it quickly cleared and the sun came out.
It was 25 all afternoon, an absolute scorcher.

I last worked night, got in a 7.30 am, the thunder/rain woke me at 10.15 and it was the darkest i have ever seen, it looked like night time. The rain was unreal, the road outside briefly looked like a river.
My uncles block paved drive had all the sand washed away lol, he now has what looks like a beach at the end of his drive.

Strangest weather i have ever known.
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Glad things settled down Dee, that looked horrendous.

The Railway station in Preston today had massive queues of people outside travelling north to Carlisle and beyond who all had to go by coach instead due to a landslide at Oxenholme. The train should have been at Carlisle at 3.30pm but they were being told they would all get there by 10pm instead :shock: Luckily it hasn't rained here or they'd all have been queuing then travelling soaking wet.

Here's the footage of the Tyne Bridge being hit:

Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

Please tell me whoever filmed that was not outside as it appears?!? :lol:
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
Trudytropics

Post by Trudytropics »

No Tom i think he would have been in an office block, I was outside when that one hit and I live very close, it was utterly terrifying, the noise was deafening and the lightning was so frequent, not to mention the Niagra falls of water that came down :(
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

Seems like most of us had the storms yesterday, the back garden is fine apart from a big waterlogged pot with the armandii in, ive used a hammer and screw to punch holes in the sides, im now emptying it by hand, yuk. no wonder it hasn't done very well, poor thing :roll: my neighbour was going to sneak his geese onto my waterlogged lawn last night but thought we wouldn't of saw the funny side! I wish he had of, i needed cheering up...
Hope the weather is good for you all today, a bit windy here but warm icon_thumleft
kata

Post by kata »

Still good here except..

I was dubious about hanging out the washing, it was a perfect windy day. They had less than an hour before a few drops of rain, brought them in and then it sunshined.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Trudytropics

Post by Trudytropics »

Deedee wrote:Seems like most of us had the storms yesterday, the back garden is fine apart from a big waterlogged pot with the armandii in, ive used a hammer and screw to punch holes in the sides, im now emptying it by hand, yuk. no wonder it hasn't done very well, poor thing :roll: my neighbour was going to sneak his geese onto my waterlogged lawn last night but thought we wouldn't of saw the funny side! I wish he had of, i needed cheering up...
Hope the weather is good for you all today, a bit windy here but warm icon_thumleft

Glad everything is OK for you Deedee icon_thumleft , lets hope we don't get a repeat of that for another 50 years :lol:

I went to Blockbusters today, smelt a bit mouldy and damp and the squelching carpets indicated they had been flooded, I asked the lady and she said yes it came pouring in throughout the ceilings. Then on to Tesco Kingston Park, apparently they had staff at the exits with brushes trying to hold back the flood water, fair to say very few people got away completely unaffected.
Darlo Mark

Post by Darlo Mark »

I can't reinforce to everybody how much rain Newcastle got-it was biblical!

here in darlington we got off lightly with only one torrential downpour for about 20 minutes. My brother in law who lives in Newcastle took 5 hours to get home and travel the 5 miles! :shock:
Conifers

Post by Conifers »

Local news mentioned one person who took 6 hours to get from Portsmouth to the edge of Newcastle, and then another 7½ hours to get the last 5 km from there back to their home in Wallsend
gdudey

Post by gdudey »

On the bright side you won't have to water anything for a while. I was thinking about the northern members yesterday when I saw all the reports on the news. I hope everything is okay and there are no major losses for anyone. We didn't heavy rainfall down here, its been a mix of sun, cloud, wind and still humidity. This year reminds me of 2007, I lived in a flat then and I was glad it wasn't warm outside.
Adam D

Post by Adam D »

That's a lot of rain there Deedee.

I take it that flooding like that isn't a regular occurrence where you live?

My family and I have just come back from Lanzarote and had heard about the downpours on the local/ex-pat radio yesterday.