RECORD BREAKING HEAT?

billdango

RECORD BREAKING HEAT?

Post by billdango »

Although summer has missed the uk other parts of the northern hemisphere are recording or will shortly record record breaking heat.

In north east North America the temperatures are expected to exceed +41c by next Tuesday and even at night the lowest may be only +28c?

The same thing is happening in Canada as well with +38c expected to occur widely over much of the Country.

Over here Eastern Europe is sweltering in highs of +38c to +40c esp in bulgaria,Romania,Italy ,Germany[south] and Spain.

Most places West of Berlin is cooler but not as bad as the uk.

The coolest and wettest places seem as usuall to be the UK,North West France and parts of the low Countries.

Its even cooler but drier in Scandinavia and Finland.

Things to come? I hope not.

billdango :roll:
Tom2006

Re: RECORD BREAKING HEAT?

Post by Tom2006 »

US also has massive heat at the moment! We need to move don't we!?
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
GREVILLE

Post by GREVILLE »

For the UK: More central heating systems have been left on in June since the beginning of history. Is this a record? :lol:
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

Yes I'm afraid it is set to continue.

At least for another month anyway, and probably longer. That said, the temperatures here are only just below average but they are monotonous with no chance of any prolonged summer heatwaves.

The net gain throughout the northern hemisphere will be staggering by the end of the summer.. expect one of the warmest summers on record (if not the warmest), by the end of the summer in the northern hemisphere land records.
billdango

Post by billdango »

What makes it so interesting is that on my weather records for 1985 the senario was very similar.

There was great heat in the USA,the whole of Europe this time{but not the UK} and Russia And China.

While a heat wave covered most of the Continent the UK was having one of the most miserable summers that at that time I had ever recorded.

That poor wet and windy so called summer went on till Early September when it did improve a little.

It was so cold that I didn't record any day that reached +27c and for most of that year the temperature never reached +21c on the whole 3 months [my records only].

This summer is following a similar trend but so far is even worse then that year?

rgds billdango icon_rambo
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

I am sure there is a link between western canada and the UK. When they have heat we have cold and vice versa. Its always like that.
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

Yes also you can bet when UK is cool, southeast Europe will be warm/hot.
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

It is safe to say we aren't getting any heat by the look of things for the first two weeks in July...at least! :( :( :( :(
billdango

Post by billdango »

Its interesting that Vancouver and Western Canada are having a similer poor Spring and so far poor early Summer just like the UK?

billdango :(
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

Looking at the weather models for Well into July, it really, really is looking very very poor indeed for the UK! icon_thumbdown
billdango

Post by billdango »

Tom2006 wrote:Looking at the weather models for Well into July, it really, really is looking very very poor indeed for the UK! icon_thumbdown

Yes thats true Tom,The weather outlook for Southampton is pretty lousy for next week as nothing but rain and strong to gale winds are forecasted till Saturday at least.

But it is going to get much warmer in France from Wednesday so maybe a little of that warmth may cross the channel into Southern England but i'm not betting on it.

The great heat in America[ +40c in Washington and temperatures to +46c in some other places] will be staying all this week.

The same is true of the heat in Eastern Europe which may spread further West but not to the UK unfortunately.

Still maybe next year?

billdango icon_rambo
Conifers

Post by Conifers »

billdango wrote:Still maybe next year?
That's what we all said last year. And the year before. And the year before that. :x
eddie

Post by eddie »

I believe we have more chances over here on some of the continental warmth than you guys in the uk have

When the jetstream moves little to the nw, we have a warm day. We're right on the border of summer and autumn

icon_sunny
Washingtonia Trachycarpus Cordyline? Bamboos Olive tree? Bananas
Exotic Life

Post by Exotic Life »

Spring has been bad here as well in Holland, so very short warm spells pulled the average back to average. In general spring was colder, cloudier, wetter on the most days. June wasn't that perfect here either with lots of days below average, witch we still where a few days before July. The last few warmer days pulled the average back to normal where number lovers says it's a good summer month. If you ask me, June has been poor as well for us standards...
billdango

Post by billdango »

Conifers wrote:
billdango wrote:Still maybe next year?
That's what we all said last year. And the year before. And the year before that. :x
And the way things are going?

Next year as well most likely.

billdango :(