2012 - The summer that never was?

Tom2006

Re: 2012 - The summer that never was?

Post by Tom2006 »

cordyman wrote:First week forcast in around a month, that isnt black cloud everyday. Dry and warmish, i'll take that please bob icon_thumleft
what forecast is that?
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2643123

although its now 2 days of rain, instead of one, better than black cloud and rain every day i guess icon_scratch
billdango

Post by billdango »

Its supposed to get quite chilly next week for all of us as the wind swings around to that dreaded North to North West direction.

But I suppose a few dryish days have got to be better then this never ending monsoon.

billdango :D
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

I suspect it will be warmer than the models are suggesting if that sun appears for any great length of time. Therein, lies the issue.
Andy P

Post by Andy P »

Stephen - is there any chance at all that the jet stream could alter it`s course and move further north this Summer or is it pretty well stuck in it`s course?
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

cordyman wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2643123

although its now 2 days of rain, instead of one, better than black cloud and rain every day i guess icon_scratch
The Countryfile forecast told a much different story I'm afraid. Heavy showers and or longer spells of rain on and off for the majority of the week with Thursday being the better day of the week before another downpour arrives on Friday.

As for the Jet Stream, it could alter in the not too distant future, however all reliable weather models are saying it is not going to happen for the next two weeks at least. icon_thumbdown
Rabbie

Post by Rabbie »

Tom2006 wrote:I can't see the relatively lower sea temps making any difference....and there is still plenty of time for them to warm up. Don't forget the lag time, as they are often at the warmest around UK shores in Autumn. The Gulf and Jet stream seem to be the two massive impact factors on our weather at the moment, with the jet in chaos in comparison to where it "should normally" be. IF it continues to dive south as it has done all summer, we will be in for a hideous winter, if you don't like lots of cold and snow that it. :lol: icon_thumbdown
Two thirds of the world... :lol:
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Andy P wrote:Stephen - is there any chance at all that the jet stream could alter it`s course and move further north this Summer or is it pretty well stuck in it`s course?
The moddels consistently show this happening some time ahead but it just doesnt happen, according to the models the jet moves north next week,but I have no faith any more in the models,the computers dont seem capable of understanding the weather which suggests this phenomenon is something new..
billdango

Post by billdango »

I have a horrible feeling in my intestines that the jet stream is going to stay right where it is for many weeks yet.

That means the heatwave in Eastern Europe will continue and so will the great heatwave in America and Canada.

A couple of Polish friends flew back to Bournemouth last week and they said that arriving in the UK was like getting of the plane in Greenland as it was so cold here.

The temperature in warsaw was often +36 to +38c every day with endless sun as well.

No wonder they are all leaving us?

billdango icon_rambo
Exotic Life

Post by Exotic Life »

This is looking much much better, 30-35C temperatures over here. Too bad it's 15 days away... :lol:

Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

Rabbie wrote:
Tom2006 wrote:I can't see the relatively lower sea temps making any difference....and there is still plenty of time for them to warm up. Don't forget the lag time, as they are often at the warmest around UK shores in Autumn. The Gulf and Jet stream seem to be the two massive impact factors on our weather at the moment, with the jet in chaos in comparison to where it "should normally" be. IF it continues to dive south as it has done all summer, we will be in for a hideous winter, if you don't like lots of cold and snow that it. :lol: icon_thumbdown
Two thirds of the world... :lol:
I haven't seen any figures reporting that two thirds of the oceans sea temps are lower than average? icon_scratch
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

No sign of any movement from the jet stream, which will remain static for the next 2 weeks at the very least. Cooling down significatly in the near time, with daytime temperatures well below average but night time temperatures around average. It will be one of those periods where daytime and night time temperatures will have very little variance.
Adam D

Post by Adam D »

billdango wrote: A couple of Polish friends flew back to Bournemouth last week and they said that arriving in the UK was like getting of the plane in Greenland as it was so cold here.

The temperature in warsaw was often +36 to +38c every day with endless sun as well.

billdango icon_rambo
I wouldn't want their winters though Bill, brrrr!
billdango

Post by billdango »

Adam D wrote:
billdango wrote: A couple of Polish friends flew back to Bournemouth last week and they said that arriving in the UK was like getting of the plane in Greenland as it was so cold here.

billdango icon_rambo
I wouldn't want their winters though Bill, brrrr!
Thats true Adam.

I hear it got down to -32c in Poland during that cold spell in February and some places had 2 metres of snow?

So I think they deserve a hot summer.

I,ll never moan about a bit of frost in Southampton again.

rgds billdango icon_thumleft
billdango

Post by billdango »

Exotic Life wrote:This is looking much much better, 30-35C temperatures over here. Too bad it's 15 days away... :lol:

Most of us on this forum will beleive it when we see it?

It all looks to good to be true.

rgds billdango :lol: