SUMMER !

Nigel

SUMMER !

Post by Nigel »

icon_cheers next week summer begins icon_cheers
Tom2006

Re: SUMMER !

Post by Tom2006 »

I SINCERELY hope so. Not convinced myself.
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
harryc

Post by harryc »

Fingers crossed :) :) :)

Harry
pdid

Post by pdid »

Is that for all of us or just you lot down South? :lol:
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Not according to the BBC it doesn't. At least not up here, it looks worse than this week which so far has been fairly dry and around the 20c mark.
kata

Post by kata »

It must be summer.........its raining..

:lol: :lol:
dino

Post by dino »

Well at least here it's forecasting sunshine and showers rather than just showers so that's some improvement icon_cheers
tropical Tom

Post by tropical Tom »

Looking at the jetstream forcast it suggests we will see some better weather early next week, then another lull, followed by more settled conditions!...Any change has to be for the better, it can't get any worse :D
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

Yes it looks almost completely confined to down south... North of say Stoke will continue to see very wet and cool conditions throughout. This is despite high pressure ridging in, the thermal differential between the ridging high pressure and the low pressure to the north, would produce heavy rain for all of northern England, and some of the Midlands.. unless the high pressure ridges further north. So therefore unless this happens, Scotland should be largely cool and dry, Northern England, North Wales and Nothern parts of Midlands will be very wet and cool, whilst the southern parts are drier and cloudy but with some sunshine on the extreme south coasts and Cornwall, with higher humidity and appreciable warmth.
Last edited by stephenprudence on Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
GREVILLE

Post by GREVILLE »

Guaranteed for me. icon_sunny :lol: From next week I'll be more than a thousand miles south of the Jet Stream. icon_cheers Annoying to miss it if does finally arrive :x
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

Its looking like the following week (last week in July) COULD (with a massive pinch of salt) be summer proper. Strong model support for this, but its a long way off. Next week looks a tad warmer, but nothing special. The last week in July, as it stands, looks pretty special, if you like heat. Fingers crossed. icon_thumleft
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
Adam D

Post by Adam D »

Tom2006 wrote:Its looking like the following week (last week in July) COULD (with a massive pinch of salt) be summer proper. Strong model support for this, but its a long way off. Next week looks a tad warmer, but nothing special. The last week in July, as it stands, looks pretty special, if you like heat. Fingers crossed. icon_thumleft
Hooray!

I have the next 2 weeks off work and I will be at home with my family.
kata

Post by kata »

I have the next 2 weeks off work and I will be at home with my family.
Enjoy Adam, hope you get red hot sun.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

By summer I mean NORMALITY rather than heatwave, it looks like normal summer weather to me,highs ridging in from the azores giving good spells intermixed with some rain, thats normal UK summer weather ,rather than below average temps and rain every minute of every day for months on end.
Trudytropics

Post by Trudytropics »

GREVILLE wrote:Guaranteed for me. icon_sunny :lol: From next week I'll be more than a thousand miles south of the Jet Stream. icon_cheers Annoying to miss it if does finally arrive :x
You and me both Greville :lol: .......here I come sunshine icon_sunny