HOT Weather

cordyman

Re: HOT Weather

Post by cordyman »

Tis crazy Greville! Hope it lasts right through August :lol:
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

My local high degree model gives 24C for tomorrow, with a few light showers in the afternoon.. then returning to the teens here thereafter with some light rain at times.
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

Loads of thunderstorms this week until Wednesday....and still HOT especially in the south and east.

Thereafter low to mid twenties for most of us. icon_thumleft
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

20C with a humidity of 84% fist thing today. Wind has gone from NE to E and is not gusty, just a steady 10 to 15mph. Now up to 23C with 75% humidity. :wink:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by kata »

19C at the moment and cloudy,

My Acer at the front had been dropping the odd leaf for over a week now, maybe longer...not unusual.

It gets watered everyday, along with the Trachicarpus (3) Fern, Ensete and Basjoo. Those get watered before any others.

:mrgreen:
otorongo

Post by otorongo »

We're forecast 34C today, it's 29C right now.
Last night a thunderstorm woke me up, and it was wet this morning so it must have rained icon_cheers

Last weekend I was in the Hague and it was sunny and pretty warm there yesterday, but Saturday was chilly and overcast until early afternoon.
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

25 here. Lovely. Cloudless.

Be interesting to see how much rain i get. Rain and good temps can only be a good thing when I'm stuck in work though
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

Nope Rain still due.... :(
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
B19bst

Post by B19bst »

Well been working on a scaffold the last 4 weeks and it is lovely but today was just too much in the sun. Called it a day at 2 . I find the air heavy so I get migraines and can't breathe. Never the less I love this weather. Haha.

At home it is 32.4 c so far and still rising in the shade
Last edited by B19bst on Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jezza

Post by jezza »

It's becoming costa del chesham at the moment. Only seen 2 days below 30c in the last 8. Today it's got to 34.2c. I like heat but that is starting to get to me now. I can't stand on the patio anymore as the heat radiating from the concrete is unbearable. Large butia in a pot on that concrete is flying up.
stephenprudence

Thunderstorms looks much less likely this evening, but tomorrow most areas will have some rain/thunderstorms. Thunderstorms tonight look more likely in southern areas. Tomorrow a band of showers, thundery around and to the east of a line from Manchester. West of that boundary, cooler, with a few lighter showers.

Surprisingly, there has never not been a thunderstorm here in a year since I was born. However should today not deliver a thunderstorm, then barring a small unstable winter thundery shower, it looks like it may be the first year without any thunder.Unprecedented is the word. Made even more bizarre but the fact we have had, and currently have perfect ingredients for it to go bang.
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

stephenprudence wrote:it looks like it may be the first year without any thunder.Unprecedented is the word. .
I wouldn't call it unprecedented.... premature is the word I'd use.
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by GREVILLE »

Hit a high of 33.7c in the garden this afternoon. That was my screened temperature but in the border at the SW side of the house I screened a temperature probe at the standard height where my heat-loving Sabals and Queen palm are cooking happily at something like regulo 6 and the temperature was 39.5c. The soil surface temperature was 46c.

No wonder the big Echium was drooping.
stephenprudence

Dave Brown wrote:
stephenprudence wrote:it looks like it may be the first year without any thunder.Unprecedented is the word. .
I wouldn't call it unprecedented.... premature is the word I'd use.
True True, Im just anticipating though. We'll see!

for the record I love thunderstorms and I want one :wink:
billdango

Post by billdango »

Quite warm in Southampton today but a sea breeze kept the temperature right down compared with London.

Maximum today in my side entrance +31c.

Minimum in my side entrance +21c.

City center maximum today +29c.

Sunny all day again but lots of high cloud at times.

Heavy rain forecast for most for tomorrow with a high of +25c.
billdango icon_sunny