Heat to return

Tom2006

Heat to return

Post by Tom2006 »

Summer is certainly continuing here and by the looks of things it's going to get hotter next week and looks likely to last into september!...even up north as well. What a summer!
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
sanatic1234

Re: Heat to return

Post by sanatic1234 »

I just hope we don't suffer with a winter extreme in return. But i hope this warm weather lasts till gone September it would be nice! :D
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

sanatic1234 wrote:I just hope we don't suffer with a winter extreme in return. But i hope this warm weather lasts till gone September it would be nice! :D
Well the long term models are forecasting a very cold winter (similar to 2010) but I'm just going to enjoy this glorious summer, looks like its not wanting to leave in a hurry. icon_cheers icon_sunny icon_sunny
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

It would be great if the weather is going to get warmer again, I just don't want winter 2010.
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

I hope the long range models are well off! screw 2010 that was terrible in fact 2011 ans 2012 were crappe to. I have gotten -10c or lower all 3 years 2010 was -19c. I will just think of the warmth for now. 8)
GREVILLE

Post by GREVILLE »

If the heat has gone it's still left us with a residue of comfortably warm weather. Long may it last. Any severe winter - as short as possible, .
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

GREVILLE wrote:If the heat has gone it's still left us with a residue of comfortably warm weather. Long may it last. Any severe winter - as short as possible, .
The heat is coming back. icon_thumleft
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

Tom2006 wrote:Summer is certainly continuing here and by the looks of things it's going to get hotter next week and looks likely to last into september!...even up north as well. What a summer!
Well, perhaps, but that's quite a claim. The heat may well come back but at this stage it's certainly not guaranteed. Actually at this stage I'd say it was a possibility rather than a probability. The signs are there for settled/warmth - but they are still fairly mixed.
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

Tom2006 wrote:
sanatic1234 wrote:I just hope we don't suffer with a winter extreme in return. But i hope this warm weather lasts till gone September it would be nice! :D
Well the long term models are forecasting a very cold winter (similar to 2010) but I'm just going to enjoy this glorious summer, looks like its not wanting to leave in a hurry. icon_cheers icon_sunny icon_sunny
Again, I remember at one point the long range models were forecasting a severe winter for last winter season, and whilst it was colder towards the end of the season it wasn't too cold. I'll say it's unlikely to be very cold but equally, who knows? it's a long way away! (ps those long range forecasts will change weekly)
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

stephenprudence wrote:
Tom2006 wrote:Summer is certainly continuing here and by the looks of things it's going to get hotter next week and looks likely to last into september!...even up north as well. What a summer!
Well, perhaps, but that's quite a claim. The heat may well come back but at this stage it's certainly not guaranteed. Actually at this stage I'd say it was a possibility rather than a probability. The signs are there for settled/warmth - but they are still fairly mixed.
Nothing is guaranteed, but all models support this one. icon_sunny

As for the long range weather forecasts, I completely ignore them, just commenting on what they currently say. I would have more success in predicting winter by reading tea leaves. :lol:
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

Winter could be the mildest on record, it's just too far off to predict right now

I think the heat will come back. It's still warm though 18 last night and breezy, nice to sit out in and eat me supper.
madgav

Post by madgav »

stephenprudence wrote:
Tom2006 wrote:
Again, I remember at one point the long range models were forecasting a severe winter for last winter season, and whilst it was colder towards the end of the season it wasn't too cold. I'll say it's unlikely to be very cold but equally, who knows? it's a long way away! (ps those long range forecasts will change weekly)
Well there have been posters on the "pseudo-weather" forums posting about the CFS predicting a colder than average winter for some time now. However the CFS that I've been looking at doesn't seem to suggest that at all.
http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/C ... e3Sea.html
http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/C ... e3Mon.html
The solution, as I keep having to remind myself, is: to stop reading the "pseudo-weather" forums. Especially in winter :D
madgav

Post by madgav »

cordyman wrote:Winter could be the mildest on record, it's just too far off to predict right now

I think the heat will come back. It's still warm though 18 last night and breezy, nice to sit out in and eat me supper.
Yep it will be what it will be. 2010 was well beyond the worst that I could have imagined possible, but my plants came through it (with protection in some cases) and I still have an exotic garden icon_thumleft
A little bit of heat now, lasting into September, would round off what has been a very good summer in these parts. Although I have to keep reminding myself of this since I was out of the country for a large part of the July heat, and the last 2 weeks have been distinctly average/damp.
No particularly hot temps forecast for the next week or two, but it does look to be drying up :)
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

Well the long term models are forecasting a very cold winter (similar to 2010) but I'm just going to enjoy this glorious summer, looks like its not wanting to leave in a hurry. icon_cheers icon_sunny icon_sunny[/quote]

Again, I remember at one point the long range models were forecasting a severe winter for last winter season, and whilst it was colder towards the end of the season it wasn't too cold. I'll say it's unlikely to be very cold but equally, who knows? it's a long way away! (ps those long range forecasts will change weekly)[/quote]

Well there have been posters on the "pseudo-weather" forums posting about the CFS predicting a colder than average winter for some time now. However the CFS that I've been looking at doesn't seem to suggest that at all.
http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/C ... e3Sea.html
http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/C ... e3Mon.html
The solution, as I keep having to remind myself, is: to stop reading the "pseudo-weather" forums. Especially in winter :D[/quote]

Agree icon_thumleft ....thankfully still looking good for a warm/hot up next week. icon_cheers
madgav

Post by madgav »

Tom2006 wrote:
Agree icon_thumleft ....thankfully still looking good for a warm/hot up next week. icon_cheers
Really hope so! Got lots of leave to take and would like to use more before the kids go back to school :)