Frost - SUB ZERO 2013/14 discussion

cordyman

Re: Frost - SUB ZERO 2013/14 discussion

Post by cordyman »

looks to be warming up here, the condensed car is now looking very dry icon_salut
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

cordyman wrote:
sanatic1234 wrote:-2c already in my garden and mist now set in. I was shocked to see frozen grass already so early on in the night really. :(
nothing out at risk though surely? should be a walk in the park a bit of frost icon_thumleft
No cordy no risk out in the garden, what needs to be fleeced is fleeced. I did end up draping some fleece over the echium, not wrapped it how i normally would as i think the draping will be plenty efficient for it really. But it will no doubt not even need that just being cautious with that one. it has reached -2.5c now.
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

I reckon you'll hit minus 3 top icon_sunny
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

well it has only dropped .5c in 3 hours so not falling away very quick at all now by the looks of things but yes -3c does sound right to me as well for a low but i shall see.
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

No frost here and it's warmed up to 3. So I reckon Stephen warmed up too?
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

Went outside at 8am this morning and it was -2c, but blimey is it icy out there today! lethal taking my son to school. Still very misty here to. On the upside no frost now for a couple of days now :-)
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

1.4C the low once again, with a very slight ground frost.. it could (should) have been lower.. Ive been very fortunate so far this year.
cheshirepalms
Location: Ellesmere Port, Mersey estuary, Cheshire 53.2N 2.8W

Post by cheshirepalms »

Ground frost here too, although by 2am temperatures were rising again as cloud cover rolled in again, was only a short clear period from around 11pm to 2am.
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

Is there going to be a west/east divide setting up? extreme west mild/extreme east harsh, with the inbetween chaos as the two fronts hit?
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

No chaos as it stands, but that could change.. at the moment, its the right side of marginal meaning we avoid severe cold, and snow... for now
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

I woke up to a -1c this morning with a ground frost.
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

Well here in the country the northeastern part gots below zero allready for a couple of days.Also some snow there!

But here a balmy 7 C!

Alexander
callin

Post by callin »

After we had the warmest winter ever here in Romania (untill now), the winter came to it s senses and with a vengence buried us in snow again, like in 2012 horror winter. We had meteo code red with winds of 90 km / h and zero visibility and more then 50 cm of snow. In winter 2012 they said it was a one in 60 years bad winter, now after only 2 years we have another one in 60 years bad winter :o :roll:
Talking about below zero temps, we did not see positive temps since last week and will not have above zero temps another week or so. We will have minimums lows of - 16C. I m more concerned about the long period of low minus temperatures than the how cold it is cause my young 4 year old from seeds trachys planted in ground are well covered and totaly buried in snow so protected from very cold minimums.
Comparing to that you got cosy temps and must to be feeling lucky. icon_cheers icon_cheers
billdango

Post by billdango »

Still waiting for a frost here in Southampton?

The lowest I have recorded here has been +1c and that was last December so winter has not arrived here yet.

Lots of wind and rain though.

billdango :(
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

billdango wrote:Still waiting for a frost here in Southampton?

The lowest I have recorded here has been +1c and that was last December so winter has not arrived here yet.

Lots of wind and rain though.

billdango :(
Well 1+ is winter enough for me!

Alexander