Yes we are the main cause of global warming

Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Yes we are the main cause of global warming

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

kata

Re: Yes we are the main cause of global warming

Post by kata »

We/they the piurpetrators think the land is green gold in places like Indoonesian Borneo, and the Amazan some years ago had been put back several mitres/hectares due to logging.

Now there is no escape because Palm Oil is in every concievable item in your shopping trolley Kris...the more its demanded the more earth is lost, the more earth lost is more global disasters.

Take the case of the Rajang River disaster. It was litrally blocked with feld trees that some one had logged and left for pick up later, more likely Illegal loggers but people who use that extremely long river for schools and fishing could not use it...stranded.

I see also that on top of the Polars having difficulties with Global Warming that someone decided, hmm..there is oil in under them there icicles, we will drill it...liquid gold.

Trees are very Important to our well being, they are literally the lungs of the earth, thats us as well as other forms of life..
allangreenbean

Post by allangreenbean »

Scientists today said that you can't stop global warming you have to adapt to it.

It's something we should have started to do something about decades ago before some rich people decided they owned the worlds resources and were going to exploit them no matter what the consequences as long as it meant they got richer.

Interesting fact the the human body starts to shut down at 35c (100% humidity).
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

"We are 95% certain"

Would you fly on a plane that said that.

Even the faithful are not 100% convinced of the faith they follow :roll:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by Tom2006 »

Sounds right to me.
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
Dim

Post by Dim »

Images of Mars suggest that between 1999 and 2005, some of the frozen carbon dioxide that covers the south polar region turned into gas

Observations of the thickness of Pluto's atmosphere in 2002 suggested the dwarf planet was warming even as its orbit took it further from the Sun. The finding baffled astronomers at the time, and the cause has yet to be determined.

there are no 4x4's on pluto and mars ....

lets not confuse the issue of climate change and pollution .... pollution needs to be stopped, but it is not the cause of climate change ..
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

When I look at the glacial and inter-glacial periods, it's for sure this interglacial (or glacial minimum given ice still affect the poles), is actually dragging on. I would have expected we would be at least in a deep dive towards a Glacial build up, but this isn't evident at the moment, quite surprising really.. because when at glacial build up happens, you would know about it in your lifetime.. it would be overwhelmingly obvious that we were heading for an Ice age. Nothing's really changed, but we should be on the edge of a glacial period, and dare I say statistically speaking, you would expect to see the effects by now. Perhaps we are having an effect on the climate to some degree, and perhaps we're delaying the onset of a glacial period. It's definitely a strange scenario, but not one we should necessarily jump to conclusions to just yet.

I think 95% in climatology is an exceptionally high confident percentage, and you can't really draw comparison to flying with climate change, and presuming the research is valid, it's something that can't be ignored, but equally 20-25 years of weather patterns isn't going to prove or disprove global warming (or cooling), and that is what they have admitted, and they're not wrong.
kata

Post by kata »

Paper says it been a farce, no global warming as bad as said yesterday,

As for flying Dave, I saw news on Pilots sleeping up in the air so no, I need 100% safe flights.

:mrgreen:
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Stephen I believe hit the nail on the head. The only reason we are not now seeing the effects hitting home as forecast a decade ago is because its offsetting a period of global cooling and they are cancelling each other out.This is a temporary reprieve, a chance for us to do something to lessen the impact when it comes, but still we dont want to believe.....
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Some people refuse to believe simply because they think that all governments etc.. are out to get us, if they told them a banana was yellow they would say it was red :roll:

Yes the climate has always changed naturally, but the huge swings we are seeing & constant record breaking events are something else entirely, we need to open our eyes (& minds) to what is happening & not dismiss it because we are 'anti establishment'...
bordersboy

Post by bordersboy »

Funny how global warming was denied for years until polticians realised they could tax people for tens of billions in the hope of preventing it.

Scientists then realised they could massively profit from it by manufacturing hundreds of thousands of scientific jobs by studying this global warming/change.

BTW no one knows why there is now record amounts of sea ice in Antartica right now,its got the scientists and propagandists perplexed.
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

This is not aimed at any individual, but Global Warming-ites in general.

I think people need to make up their mind what they want. I hear all year about how "we must to something to stop global warming", then they complain about how cold it gets in winter whacking the heating up so they don't feel it. If you desperately want to cool the earth, be prepared for it, and what you feel, to get cooler. Pre 1850 which they use as the benchmark, was the tail end of the Mini Ice Age.

I think people jump on the GW band wagon as they know it can't be stopped whatever. They are just caching in on a popular theme. I would love for everyone that spouts on about GW to publish their personal and family carbon footprint. I bet there would be some red faces then.... Sorry, yellow faces. :lol:

My CO2 footprint is small compared to most in UK so whether I believe the faith or not is immaterial, I AM doing my bit, but are YOU ?

If you really care about GW, it's not what you say, but what you do,
so
YOU need to stop using energy that produces CO2.

Lead by example icon_thumright
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by allangreenbean »

Dave Brown wrote:
If you really care about GW, it's not what you say, but what you do,
so
YOU need to stop using energy that produces CO2.

Lead by example icon_thumright
All my electricity and gas comes from renewable sources and we use less than the average family.

In addition to that all of us here are doing something, we are growing plants that reduces carbon, reduces run off, provides habitat for birds, mammals and invertebrates and reduces the level of pollutants in the air.

They couldn't say that on most other forums, Mr Brown you are encouraging socially acceptable behaviour and benefiting society. The more we grow the better it gets.

To reiterate what you've said, taking action doesn't mean costing you more. There are lots of things that you can do that will not only help but also save you money.
Conifers

Post by Conifers »

Dave Brown wrote:Lead by example icon_thumright
No car icon_thumright icon_thumright
No kids icon_thumright icon_thumright icon_thumright icon_thumright icon_thumright icon_thumright (that's the biggest single contribution to reducing human impact that anyone can make :wink: )
allangreenbean wrote: All my electricity and gas comes from renewable sources
How can you know that, without having separate power lines and pipes not connected to the national grid? I'd strongly suspect it gets mixed up with all the non-sustainable energy from other sources.
leunerj

Post by leunerj »

Changing to a mostly plant-based diet has actually been found to reduce carbon emissions according to many reports, including this one from the UN:

http://www.fao.org/docrep/010/a0701e/a0701e00.HTM

But try telling most environmentalists that to make an easy, practical change to their carbon footprint they can eat less meat and they immediately lose interest :lol: