Forcast low of 5 tonight

greyhound

Re: Forcast low of 5 tonight

Post by greyhound »

Not been too bad a day today lots of sun and highs of 13 but with a fairly brisk breeze it made it feel more like 8 or 9.
Last night the temperature only dropped to 7 but early this morning out of the sun it really felt much colder :(

Autumn is on its way......but the good news is that due to the fact that I went to the trouble and brought lots of plants in last night..... next week we are probably going to see record temperatures for October icon_cheers icon_cheers icon_cheers ....and I will have to put them all out again :oops: just like I did in September .. :oops:

So if you want to see the Indian Summer continue to the end of October ,just advise me to bring everything in NOW :lol: :lol:
K9's and exotic palms not a good combo K9's 5 :exotic palms 0
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

looks like the 4.7*c last night was a one off, updated to 8, 9 and 10's now on the 5 day icon_sunny
ourarka

Post by ourarka »

Are we all panicking a little too much? I think back to last Feb/March. Dicksonia antarctica just stuffed with a bit of blanket, some Musas covered with a drainpipe and others left out to the elements with only an inch or so of pstem loss and my citrus out all winter (under a polycarbonate cover) and fruited better than ever. I am no expert, especially compared to most on here, but surely we are a world away from scary temperatures yet?
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

ourarka wrote:Are we all panicking a little too much? I think back to last Feb/March. Dicksonia antarctica just stuffed with a bit of blanket, some Musas covered with a drainpipe and others left out to the elements with only an inch or so of pstem loss and my citrus out all winter (under a polycarbonate cover) and fruited better than ever. I am no expert, especially compared to most on here, but surely we are a world away from scary temperatures yet?
I have plants that won't take frost, which are still out. They need to come in the moment a real frost is on the cards. For most people that means judging that first frost the weekend before, as during the week, and with nights now dark soon after 6PM, it isn't an option to bring them in "on the day". The forecast is so completely unreliable that most years folk bring them in and then the forecast / actual turns out more mild and ... they've Gone Early.

I measure the amount of plants I have to bring in using the standard unit of "Conservatory". I have two conservatory's of plants to bring in ... only one physical conservatory of course :lol:
Panama Pete

Post by Panama Pete »

Always worth planning ahead, ive got 3 bails of straw so far, just need some giant garden canes, and compost, and more bread crates.