Does anyone actually like to feel cold ?

Dave Brown
Site Admin

Does anyone actually like to feel cold ?

Post by Dave Brown »

I often hear people saying they don't mind the cooler months, and they love snow, but do they really like colder weather and 'feeling cold' that comes with it ? My guess is they get fed up of being in the dark outside, turn the central heating on, sit in a chair with TV, and the thermostat does the rest.

I detest feeling cold, as is just as bad as pain to me. I can't imagine someone saying "hit me with a brick, cos I just love it", so why would they want to feel cold ????

Sitting in the conservatory with T shirt, Long sleeve Polo shirt, and chunky jumper on, in temp of 18.6C........
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Re: Does anyone actually like to feel cold ?

Post by stephenprudence »

I hate feeling cold, it gets to me pretty quickly, I can withstand moderate cold 1-8C, but 0C and below is just too cold unfortunately...
tropical Tom

Post by tropical Tom »

I like being out in the cold as long as i'm wrapped up well. Thick coat, gloves and good boots etc, A nice walk on a starry night with the temp at about minus 6 or 7 and the sound of crunching snow with every step is great!...An icy wind is a bit too much tho' :shock:
flounder

Post by flounder »

I've succumbed and put the heating on boost for an hour, just to take the nip out of the air. I'm just getting over a cold plus maybe I'm getting older
ourarka

Post by ourarka »

I genuinely would quite like feeling cold, if I KNEW it was for 2 months only and then the weather was guaranteed to pick up and give me a beautiful long spring and summer. Alas ........
pdid

Post by pdid »

I don't like feeling cold but I do like a still, crisp, sunny frosty morning especially if combined with outdoor activities, mountain biking etc.
madgav

Post by madgav »

I absolutely hate feeling cold. But while I hate the dark mornings/evenings of winter, the normal winter temps here are comfortable enough. Ideally ten degrees warmer so I wouldn't have to run the heating but you can't have everything :)
There are lots of wierd people (kids?) on certain internet "weather" forums who seem to love the cold for some mad reason :roll:
Snow? Loved it when I was a kid, but as an adult with responsibilities I detest the disruption & hazards it brings. Oh, and clear nights with snow cover are the absolute worst for radiative heat loss combined with reflection of the sun's rays by day icon_thumbdown
Last edited by madgav on Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
otorongo

Post by otorongo »

I hate feeling cold, although getting out of the stinky and hot Bakerloo line into the cool air is always a relief, if only for the first minute.

I hate snow, frost etc., don't want any of that in my life. They're for penguins, not humans.

The general rule of thumb is, if I need more than shorts and a t-shirt, it's too cold. Having to wear more is an insult.
Conifers

Post by Conifers »

No!

20°C any day for me
kata

Post by kata »

I abhor the cold months,

Flu Injections, :(

Heating on when I want to save money. :(

Outdoors only If I need to for doctors etc :(

Snow, sleet. :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Only plus is the bees and wasps hate cold too.

icon_cheers icon_cheers
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

I hate everything about winter. I have no love for it what so ever. It is the worst season of the year. Give me sun and warmth all year round. icon_sunny 8)
GREVILLE

Post by GREVILLE »

Never bothered by cold. Always comfortable with fewer layers than anyone else, no matter how low the temperature. Sand always tells everyone that she married me for my warm hands :D I'm just the same in the heat.

This must account for that saying: "Where there's no sense there's no feeling" :lol:
kata

Post by kata »

Or, cold hands, warm heart,

I prefer that to warm hands cold heart.

:lol: :lol:
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

Don't like being uncomfortably cold, but thats a rarity, as i'll either put the heating on, another layer of clothing, heated seat on in car etc etc

I do adore a frosty crisp morning, sun rising, blue skies, hot cup of strong coffee and porridge, hopping on the bike, leaves crispy underwheel, supurb clarity on the horizon, and just getting out there when many are inside hibernating icon_cheers

Going for a swim in the outdoor heated pool at the gym is great in December, clears the head.

Also snow is brilliant, the beauty of it, the whiteness under clear skies really give some much needed UV in the dark months, and it always seems to take the edge off the cold for some reason.

Seasons have never bothered me, until I got into this tropical gardening, i'd say the main aspect of cold/winter I don't like is having to look at a bomb site of a garden for 3 months :lol:
Leigh

Post by Leigh »

Don't mind the cold wouldn't say I love it but hate central heating (only have two gasfires )
Nothing beats standing on the Beach in a Storm fishing for Cod at Night at this time of year although I have got suitable clothing and a Beach Buddy (small tent)
Never sit inside with the others drinking tea far too warm,always outside

Hardly ever wear a coat unless it's chucking it down , gloves are for girls
But you can tell if I think it's cold ( ie in the minus) because I will probably be wearing a Scarf

If that make's me strange than I am
On a side note don't mind pain either, so I must be
Leigh