November 2013 prediction's ?.

karl66

November 2013 prediction's ?.

Post by karl66 »

Talking to one of my customer's yesterday & he is convinced that from the middle of November heavy snow will hit large part's of the country & be with us until xmas :ahhh!: . karl.
flounder

Re: November 2013 prediction's ?.

Post by flounder »

Tell your customer to go out, buy a hat,scarf and gloves and use the newspaper he keeps buying to help light that fire he'll need to keep warm once this ice age hits
Clive60

Post by Clive60 »

These cold weather predictions are a bit closer to the time forecast than previous heat wave/big freeze forecasts (not 6 moths in advance) so It may be more accurate. I hope not, I was looking forward to a mild winter.
harryc

Post by harryc »

The models a few days ago we're showing a huge pool of cold weather about to plunge down over Northern Europe, but now the Atlantic had kicked into gear so such sign. Daily Express might have to change their headlines to "mildest winter in decades" :lol:

H
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

Clive60 wrote:These cold weather predictions are a bit closer to the time forecast than previous heat wave/big freeze forecasts (not 6 moths in advance) so It may be more accurate. I hope not, I was looking forward to a mild winter.
Nah, its hogwash. Daily Express predictions in previous years have often not been until November - and still borne no relationship to the actual winter weather.

Actually, now I think about it, they have waited until November in years when October has been unseasonally warm. So here is my prediction ... "Daily Express dire winter weather prediction will arrive each year as soon as the Autumn starts to turn a bit chilly." :lol:
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

I think as per normal patterns, November will be a fairly cold one. I do however hope that it's not late November that is cold, as that draws similarity to December 2010. I don't know, November could go either way, but lets hope it is early November that is cold, and not late November.
jezza

Post by jezza »

Noooo i don't want early november to be cold! I don't want to be standing outside at a firework display freezing my 'arris off!
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

stephenprudence wrote:I think as per normal patterns, November will be a fairly cold one. I do however hope that it's not late November that is cold, as that draws similarity to December 2010. I don't know, November could go either way, but lets hope it is early November that is cold, and not late November.
The charts do have a rather same look about them dont they,rather than the atlantic driven mobile weather that is normal. End of November often throws up first hard cold spell of winter so that wouldnt be abnormal, I just hope the endless wind and rain returns in time to save us.
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

To be honest Nigel, I think the models have a very 90s zonal look to them, I don't think the charts show blocking type scenario as per 2010. However the issue is pattern matching is fragile at best, and we just simply do not what might show up.
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

He must be a Daily Express reader Karl. Its all looking pretty normal at the moment apart from some unseasonably mild nights. icon_thumleft
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
Mr List

Post by Mr List »

I just want a winter without a heavy snow fall, that's all i'm asking for this year.
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

Just do me a tropical winter, arround 30C, and I will be happy.

Alexander
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

Well you can never predict the weather, only expectations what kind of winter or weather it will be.

Alexander
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Mr List wrote:I just want a winter without a heavy snow fall, that's all i'm asking for this year.
Extreme cold without snow will kill a lot more than with extreme snow. The heavy (33cm) snow of 2010 protected everything below it, just above it was silly cold. Cold without snow could kill things in the ground as it will freeze through. :roll:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by pad199207 »

Looking increasingly likely that the British Isles are going to be locked into a More Atlantic Maritime period for probably the rest of this Month!

Its looking Mild or even V Mild for the time of year but as a consequence some very wet spells!