Interesting day today

stephenprudence

Interesting day today

Post by stephenprudence »

Some potentially severe weather today.. potential severe thunderstorms and slight risk of tornadoes. It will all kick off later this evening for more northern areas like the Midland and North Wales (further north will probably miss these), but already some very heavy showers piling into the SW. I would not be surprised if tornadoes made it into the news tomorrow, following on from the Hayling Island tornado a few days ago.
jezza

Re: Interesting day today

Post by jezza »

I take it the SE is being spared? Forecast for me this evening is rain but nothing bad.
harryc

Post by harryc »

Looking at the track of those storms on the radar looks like a line from Bournemouth up to Lincolnshire could be in line for some fireworks tonight.

H
Springy

Post by Springy »

Well it's just hit us! Very windy, heavy rain and thunder and lightning!! :shock:
billdango

Post by billdango »

Quite breezy but very warm and humid all day.

Now we have strong winds and thunderstorms for about an hour.

Not that much rain though but its still about +17c.

The wind has just changed from a south east to more westerly so a front of some sort has just gone through.

It did get up to about +19c today and the afternoon was clear and sunny.

billdango icon_sunny
GREVILLE

Post by GREVILLE »

It's been a particularly interesting 24 hours here.

After a maximum of 18.5c yesterday in some hazy sunshine, skies remained mostly clear after dark. I was astonished to see at midnight despite the absence of cloud the temperature had only dropped to 18.1c. The overnight low after some light showers late on was only down to 17.3c. Can't recall such a high minimum in late October after mostly clear skies :shock:

Even with some showery rain in the morning the temperature was up to 18c at midday. When the sun showed itself in the afternoon we had a maximum of 19.4c. Skies are clear right now and it's 17.4c.
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

Rained again for most of the day here. Had one very heavy downpour and a clap of thunder late afternoon. Still SOOOOO mild though, loving it.
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

No thunderstorms here, but there rarely is anyway.

It's gone very cool here now and fresh now the front has passed. Currently 13.8C and dropping. The outlook for here is developing into a more traditional Autumn with rain, showers, strong winds and cold.
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

We had the storm here yesterday evening, lightning started lighting up the sky at around 7pm & from 7:30 until 9:30 we had constant thunder & lightning & some torrential rain. Lots of flooding caused locally & I even had water coming in through my back door! Quite exciting & just after the excitement of the weekend when we had another thunderstorm & the Hayling tornado icon_thumleft
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Funny, I could see heavy rain at the Arsenal match on TV about 30 miles away, but none here until 5am this morning. Temperatures were all over the place overnight, but you can see the front hit us at 5am, and the wind direction changed slightly.
Attachments
2013-10-23 Chalk weather.gif
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright