The Perfect Storm

Nigel

The Perfect Storm

Post by Nigel »

Its not possible to have a better November outlook than this. Not possible. This is the absolute perfect setup we can have if it comes off. Not seen a chart this good for a long time.
Attachments
Rtavn2161.png
harryc

Re: The Perfect Storm

Post by harryc »

Nigel your right it is impossible - because it is the GFS :lol: :lol: :lol:

H
Conifers

Post by Conifers »

Not so sure that's nice - that cold low southwest of Iceland will soon swing round to the east and bring an icy blast from the north to Britain :ahhh!: :x
Adam D

Post by Adam D »

I'm more interested in that big fat Bartlett high sat over Europe to be honest!

Fingers crossed it stays there for the next 6 months.
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

Nigel wrote:Its not possible to have a better November outlook than this. Not possible. This is the absolute perfect setup we can have if it comes off. Not seen a chart this good for a long time.

Nigel your forcasts are always good! icon_salut

ps. how was business this year with such a good tropical summer?
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

Yep. Its lovely. The perfect thing to see if you are sn exotic plant loving cold hater! ....bring it on!
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Yes agree Nigel, this was how winters were in the warm period. Now all we have to do is pray it stays that way until March 8)
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by stephenprudence »

Conifers wrote:Not so sure that's nice - that cold low southwest of Iceland will soon swing round to the east and bring an icy blast from the north to Britain :ahhh!: :x
In that chart that's no possible, but I understand your concern :wink: No icy blasts for the forseeable future.. though one will occur obviously sooner or later. The outlook is good for preventing a December 2010 scenario.. the building blocks by now were in place... thankfully, the building block point to milder start to winter. However there is no telling what will happen in mid-late winter.

It's looking good for now.
GREVILLE

Post by GREVILLE »

Don't want that for just six months.....and the rest icon_cheers
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Well, its funny how a big storm blasting through often puts the weather into a mild phase. The 12Z GFS continues to support the most favourable setup possible. I have high confidence we are in for a spell with high to the south east, azores ridge pushing our way with jetstream up the west flank. Doesnt get any better, and once set, this pattern can stay around for some time.
Delboy

Post by Delboy »

I hope so as I have been digging my garden up due to a house move in Jan, so i'm worried sick about all my plants all being potted out in the open.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

cordyman wrote:
ps. how was business this year with such a good tropical summer?
Well, I didnt earn enough to live on , but it went as well as I could expect given the stock I had. I have to find ways to grow it. I am also very grateful to the guys on this forum for the support, you are fantastic and have kept me going.
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

Nigel wrote: I have high confidence we are in for a spell with high to the south east, azores ridge pushing our way with jetstream up the west flank.
Is that a South Westerly and dry, or a South Westerly and wet?

Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Kristen wrote:
Nigel wrote: I have high confidence we are in for a spell with high to the south east, azores ridge pushing our way with jetstream up the west flank.
Is that a South Westerly and dry, or a South Westerly and wet?

If the map stays as it is we will see low pressure systems rushing up the west flank of the country , so very mild, dry at times.